Got an email from Spectrum.

• Official Post

It's been a few years since Spectrum took over Time Warner. Before Spectrum, I had a 300 Mbps + service that I bought a special modem to handle. Without any warning, Spectrum cut my speed by about two-thirds and almost DOUBLED my rate. I was paying 34.99 before and now I'm paying $65.00

Yesteday Spectrum sent me this happy email letting me know the huge favor they're doing me; raising my speed up to 200 Mbps for no charge.

Fuck Spectrum. I have no other option where I live. I'd much rather have Verizon FIOS but I'm stuck with these assholes.

Spectrum

WE HAVE INCREASED YOUR INTERNET SPEED

AT NO COST TO YOU

Shadow

Dear Spectrum Customer,

Exciting news! As part of our commitment to delivering best-in-class products at the best value,

we have upgraded Internet speeds in your area. You now have access to 200 Mbps of speed.

It’s another way we’re working hard to make your experience better.

This changes everything you know about speed. Today there’s more to do online than ever before, and

we want to make sure you have the fastest Internet to do everything you want. So we unleashed a

speed increase to 200 Mbps at ZERO cost to you.That's double your previous speed

You now have access to 200 Mbps of speed.

You have more devices in your home than ever before. Continue to power all your connected devices with new blazing-fast Internet speeds. You have double the speed for the fastest surfing, streaming, gaming and more.

Your upgrade is effective immediately.

Enjoy your faster speeds! It’s our way of showing our commitment to valued customers like you.

Sincerely,

Kathleen Griffin

Kathleen Griffin

VP of Marketing