First World Problems

• I switched phone carriers. T-Mobile bought Sprint and Sprint's shitty coverage got even worse somehow. I did everything like they wanted what with the updates and PRL updates and even put T-Mobile's SIMs in our phones (that's when it got really bad) to no avail. No biggy I'll switch to Verizon... It's actually going to be a bit cheaper and coverage is MUCH Better. A couple of days ago I got my final bill from TM... I kinda held my breath as I opened it because you know how a lover scorned can be... $00.16 (sixteen cents). I'm like... holy shit, they spent more to send this to me than the bill is for.

I went online to pay and my account is closed and they don't recognize any of my numbers.. No biggie, I get it. So I called customer care to do a payment over the phone. After 27 minutes on hold... "please say or key in your 8 to 12 digit passcode.." I don't remember a passcode... "I'm sorry, but without verifying the account we cannot access the account..." But I no longer have an open account... I have the account number from the bill... I just want to pay the SIXTEEN CENTS that I owe. "Sorry sir but without verification you must go to a TM store to verify your identity..." The nearest TM store is nearly an hour away. Of course you must acknowledge the ridiculousness in suggesting someone drive an hour to pay a SIXTEEN CENT bill?? (she did not) After nearly an HOUR of fucking around, I realized we were at an impasse. This chick was NOT going to take my SIXTEEN CENTS. I dug deep in the back of my dresser drawer and dusted off my checkbook wrote a SIXTEEN CENT check which I had to put into an envelope which I provided (no envelope with the bill), slapped a $.60 stamp on it (which I had to stand in line twenty minutes to buy) and sent it on its was to Cincinnati.

Am I overreacting?

• I tired T-Mobile back in the 90's. Coverage where I was in Dallas area sucked bad. Switched right away. We've been on Sprint for a long time now and the 55+ plan was very good. Took a look at Verizon and AT&T a few weeks ago. Our current Sprint/T-Mobile plan is significantly cheaper and the coverage is good here.

• Yeah... We've got four phones and it's under $200 a month. I was expecting to pay more but this was a pleasant surprise. That's with me getting last year's model Galaxy. Everyone else brought their phone with them.

All Government is Organized Crime.