SpaceX Boosters

• I just watched the Falcon launch and I still can't believe how cool it is that the boosters can return and land so accurately.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I remember when Boroda was giving a shit because we didn't have a way to get to the space station when the space shuttle was retired. And he said that we don't have any rockets anymore. I remember telling him, yeah do you think we just forgot how to make rockets?

And Russian rocket still use the same design that they've used from the early '60s, and that was copied from the Germans v2s. They literally have to light their rockets. Like a match. Lol

• This is pretty fucking impressive.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah, not really. The wastefulness and laziness of .gov agencies never ceases to amaze.

More likely it was cost benefit analysis or practicality. Remember, NASA was in a race against the Red Menace. Little thought was given to saving boosters or shit like that. It was the moon... how do we get to the moon faster than them.

• More likely it was cost benefit analysis or practicality. Remember, NASA was in a race against the Red Menace. Little thought was given to saving boosters or shit like that. It was the moon... how do we get to the moon faster than them.

Sure, in the beginning. But that shit went on for decades afterwards. In steps SpaceX and does a cost analysis and goes "this shit is stupid". A few years and they're pretty dialed in.

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• I think the big difference is that SpaceX is run from top with one guy that has a vision. He can do what he wants. Government programs are directed by agencies and through funding and even congress. I think government programs can have a lot more resources overall but are nowhere near as focused or efficient.

Still, the government can do things no one else can if they throw the resources at something. Really, they only supply resources. Corporations are what actually make everything happen.

• I think the big difference is that SpaceX is run from top with one guy that has a vision. He can do what he wants. Government programs are directed by agencies and through funding and even congress. I think government programs can have a lot more resources overall but are nowhere near as focused or efficient.

Still, the government can do things no one else can if they throw the resources at something. Really, they only supply resources. Corporations are what actually make everything happen.

The big diff is SpaceX you have to produce results..... NASA not so much.

Private enterprise is always more efficient than government.