More classified documents found in a politician's house

• Trump, Biden, and now Pence. All have been caught with classified documents outside of proper security controls.

This double standard for the ruling class is utter bullshit. Why do they get so much leeway while these 10 year long investigations are carried out? Why are they deserving of the due process us regular folks don't enjoy in matters like this?

Had I been caught with just one document at my house, marked even as low as "confidential" , I would have been in custody right away and stayed that way until trial. I'd also probably still be serving time for it.

Y'all go find the story yourself. I only posted this to rant about it.

• Out of those, only Trump could have potentially declassified whatever he wanted at the time.

Of course its all bullshit. And it's funny that they are "discovering" them now. Like how were they discovered in Biden's garage? Who found them and why were they looking? Not that it matters.

I just think something's up. The deep state are making changes.

• he can do just that.

He can, but there has to be follow through. There is legal precedent in this matter, and even 3 cases during Trump's presidency that say so.

In all cases, however, a formal procedure is required so governmental agencies know with certainty what has been declassified and decisions memorialized. A federal appeals court in a 2020 Freedom of Information Act case, New York Times v. CIA, underscored that point: “Declassification cannot occur unless designated officials follow specified procedures,” the court said.

• I'm not sure what the legal procedures are, but the President can declassify anything at any time. Not sure what requirements there are for then later documenting it. Probably one of those gray areas that's not come up before.

The legal decisions I read while looking into this while arguing with Lazs about it all were in agreement that there is a formal procedure that must be followed so all handlers of the same document across multiple agencies are on the same page. No documentation, then it didn't happen.