What do you use on your hair? My hair needs something to make it not tangle so much.

• I have a pony tail and my hair need something....I don't know what. I was looking at olive oil as a treatment....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

What do you use?:dunno

• Official Post

Olive oil is messy. It's good for deep conditioner though. Just leave it in your hair overnight and wash it out.

After you get out of the shower - on towel damp hair, spray some de-tangler/leave in conditioner. Some stuff will work better your hair than others - you just have to try different things. Just get a pump spray detangler for the tangles.

Here's what I just pulled out of my cabinet

• I have a pony tail and my hair need something....I don't know what. I was looking at a hair cut as a treatment....

:crab *snip snip snip snip*

But seriously Wayne, I could only advise you on product if I knew what type of hair and condition we are dealing with.
    If it's fine hair and frizzy with a load of split ends a hair trim/cut will be needed.
    If it's coarse and frizzy it likely needs a good conditioner and as Gina mentioned, in that case I'd use a leave in spray
    conditioner. Conditioner basically fills in the the rough spots where hair shaft is damaged/porous/dry, making it smoother.
    (Fabric softener works the same way)

What I have always relied on is brushing my own scalp oils through to the ends of my hair. If you brush it every day, you end up
    not having to wash your hair more than once every couple of weeks without it being greasy or dirty. Must only brush it this way when dry, in fact never use a brush of any kind on wet hair as it stretches it out making it thinner or break.
    Even just rinsing it with warm water in between washes using shampoo keeps its own moisture in.
    You'll require a brush that has harder, flexible nylon pins surrounded by shorter denser brush hairs.
    The first stimulate oil production of scalp (and stimulate blood supply to follicles) while the denser hairs
    in brush collect the oils and transport them along the shaft to the ends, making it lustrous/shiny
    (not greasy shiny). To polish your hair this way you must always remove any tangles first by taking a segment
    brushing with short strokes from the ends going up slowly till you've reached the scalp, tangle free.
    Once everything is tangle free you just brush it going from scalp down the ends, repeating the same spot
    for at least 20-30 strokes, till entire head is done.
    You may recall from old movies the ladies would do their 100 strokes before bedtime in their boudoirs.

Actual feeding of hair is a bit of a myth other than short term fix. Ultimately ones' health is also reflected in hair, as in nails.
    Eating plenty of good fats and (avocados, salmon, oils as well as eggs and cheese for K2 and calcium. etc)

I've had the same hairbrush since 1983 but the rubber base is now starting to fall apart. It's nothing special, synthetic bristles,
    but occasionally washing it some shampoo water made it good as new.

Don't forget to brush your teeth!!
                                                          :blah

Edited once, last by Ninster ().

• You're welcome wayne5 . I am curious to know what type of hair your have wayne?
    Is it coarse, thick, curly, wavy, straight, thinning, dyed, natural??????
    What does current ritual of care consist of? How often do you wash your hair with shampoo?

• You're welcome wayne5 . I am curious to know what type of hair your have wayne?
    Is it coarse, thick, curly, wavy, straight, thinning, dyed, natural??????
    What does current ritual of care consist of? How often do you wash your hair with shampoo?

Well Ninster, I'm 68 so things are changing all the time, but with the keto diet things are changing back. When my hair is down and its humid outside Mary taunts me by singing "The Good Ship Lollipop". I have big 2 inch curls.

My hair is not as thick as it usta be but still thick....for now. I have a little gray but I"m a blond so it doesn't show much. Mary has dyed it twice and with and with out dye it looks ok to me.

I usta wash my hair every day but I'm dryer than I usta be so I generally wash it once a week now.

A funny thing is I was shaving my chest hair because it was mostly gray. I decided it made me look too old but when I lost all the weight and it started growing back in it now has color! Just a little gray patch in the middle.

That's all I can think of.

8)

• Well wayne , I can't say I know many men aged 68 who still have long hair. how long is it?

Don't dye your hair unless you have intentions to cut it off in near future. Besides, oughtta
    embrace your greying locks ! Much cooler than older man trying to look younger by dying
    it...

Thanks! I will report back on how it worked. I could use a trim I guess.

Which of my suggestions do you intend to try out ?
    Because if it's brushing, a pic of my brush would help illustrate what you need.

• Its about the middle of my back. I have had long hair and short hair off and on throughout my life. Dying was Mary's idea but I wasn't going to turn down getting played with for an hour or so. I sat in a chair and she played with my hair....felt good.

We have been together for 44 years. The color she put on was so close to my original color that I couldn't tell when it grew out. I'll think about posting a pic.

• Official Post

That's amazing that the hair grew back with color!

• Cool! would love to see a pic! (if you'd rather keep it private I can pm you my email address to send it to?)
    Your hair is longer than mine! Although I have cut off about 40 cm all together in the past 2 years. I loathe
    getting it stuck under my arm pits so now mine is about half way to my chesticles..

Which of my suggestions do you intend to try out ?

Still waiting on an answer to that wayne ;)

• Cool! would love to see a pic! (if you'd rather keep it private I can pm you my email address to send it to?)
    Your hair is longer than mine! Although I have cut off about 40 cm all together in the past 2 years. I loathe
    getting it stuck under my arm pits so now mine is about half way to my chesticles..

Still waiting on an answer to that wayne ;)

I have a spray entangler Mary got me but the spray leave in conditioner sounds interesting. I'm too lazy to do much brushing.

:)