City of brotherly love

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Incredible that the victim survived with that much blood on the ground, and nobody immediately applying first aid to stop the obvious massive loss of blood happening.

What a fucker, I'd like to know the name of the man who jumped in there, unarmed against a seriously dangerous blade (due to the length/size). Not that small knives aren't dangerous, it's just far more likely you're going to get tagged by an amateur if they have a long/large edged weapon. Heroic anyhow...in that city they'll probably charge him for "engaging in dangerous behavior against our "most vulnerable" ".

• The only unusual feature about this from a large city in a predominately blue state is that the assault was captured on video. The more you remove consequences from illegal activities the more you embolden those who think doing stuff like this is entertainment. Rehabilitation is one thing but the other purpose of jail / prison is to remove the offender from their prey.

• Friend of mine just bought a Kimber Micro9 Rehabilitator.

I look forward to shooting it. I really like JMBs 1911 platform. I want to see just how small it can be and still generate the warm fuzzy.

• I've seen a lot of Kimber ads in the magazines. One of the web sites I visit has several topics regarding firearms (Adventure Rider). Folks there said that the Kimbers had a great reputation until they got larger and had to start making handguns in a production mode. As a result quality and reliability fell off significantly.

For my money (and IMO) for a small 9mm 1911 the Springfield EMP is a better buy. I have also tried an even smaller version of the 1911, the Sig 938. That one is truly a pocket pistol and snappy as hell. I put it on top of a Mk1 Ruger LCP and it was barely bigger to give you an idea of size. I'm just not a fan of cocked and locked in the pocket even with a decent pocket holster like Sticky or DeSantis. I have found the safety got wiped to fire position pretty often. For pocket I'd rather have a DA or at the least a striker fired mechanism.

• If you are looking for bang for your buck check out the Canik line.

One of the "gun tubers" "Honest Outlaw" does 1,000 and sometimes 5,000 rnd tests of various handguns. He is also a competitor in handgun competition as well as 3 gun. He is rather taken by Canik offerings compared to much more expensive other makes.

• One of the "gun tubers" "Honest Outlaw" does 1,000 and sometimes 5,000 rnd tests of various handguns. He is also a competitor in handgun competition as well as 3 gun. He is rather taken by Canik offerings compared to much more expensive other makes.

I have a TP9 SFX. It has never failed to go bang and i've fed it everything. The only striker fired trigger i have found better (and I've tried them all) is on the walther line. That makes perfect sense because the canik is a clone of said. In my opinion you get glock reliability, but with a better trigger, grip angle, and sights. All at a lower price point.