Keto Diet

• I started a keto diet the other day and I think today my body went into ketosis.

I started to feel dizzy and hot at the store today and my arms felt a little heavy. I ate some peanut butter and drank some water in the car and I was fine.

There's no way to know for sure if you're in ketosis without testing your blood. I order these ketosis test strips from Amazon, but then read that normal strips not super accurate. They're the kind you pee on. They do work, but maybe not always. They're only 7 dollars though. A better option would be something like this keto blood tester. I don't know if I could poke myself though.

The main thing I can feel is incredible energy. For the past few days I've felt it coming on and had some trouble sleeping but today I feel like I'm hopped up on crack, No kidding! I feel like I need to move.

It's crazy.

I bought some groceries today. Bacon, lard, avocados, peanut butter, sardines and a few other things. I already had butter and a big jug of cold-pressed, organic coconut oil. Of course, the whole idea of the keto diet is to get rid of almost ALL carbs and switch over to eating around 80% of you calories from fat. That puts your body into ketosis after it's gone through it's carb-storage energy. That happens very quickly when you stop all carb intake.

So I sit her buzzin like a little worker be. Totally fired up and tweaking, LOL

• They work as a guide... you will know when you are by your smell... you will have bad breath and smell strange when you sweat... I did Keto for a while but I really missed fruit... So I now just do a whole foods diet essentially.... and work off the Mediterranean food pyramid ...

• Shoot, I forgot that I wrote the text below but it never posted. I like that the forum remembers drafts! Since I wrote that I've been in full ketosis. It's so great. When Fanny was posting all of her experiences and her recipes, I didn't really understand keto very much. I wish I could talk with her now. I wonder how she ended up and if she's still doing it.

got test strips today and used them twice. Before I tested I KNEW that I have been in ketosis. I have been so wired I can't believe it. Last night was the second night in a row that I did not sleep. Maybe three hours and I've been up all day and there's not even a hint of slowing down. I feel like I could go play football all night. lol.

So I tested twice and both times the strips showed I'm in moderate ketosis.

• It's been a nine days in ketosis. I've lost just over 2 pounds and about two inches off of my waist. More than the weight though, I can see a big difference. My aunt, who I saw yesterday, noticed right away.

My energy is still super high, but I'm starting to be able to sleep at night now. I think my body is adjusting.

My appetite is almost non-existent. For the past several days I've been ding the intermittent fasting thing. I eat all of my food in the day during a six hour period and then nothing until the next day. You'd think that would be tough, but for me it's not. I'm not hungry at all.

My normal breakfast is just coffee with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon butter in it. (mix it in a blender so the oils don't float on top)

Thy call that bulletproof coffee. It gives me all kinds of energy and I'm not hungry. I est lunch a few hours later.

I've also upped my exercise bike routine from 30 minutes to an hour per day. I'd just gotten the bike a couple weeks ago and I love it! I found it on Offer Up for really cheap. It's not a super fancy one, but it's perfect for my needs.

Before keto I had just started doing strength training on my legs/core. I wanted to build muscle in my butt and thighs. I put that off for now. My reasoning is that I want to do all fat burning and cardio to get very lean first. Once I get the fat where I want it - which is gone, lol - I'll be able to eat a little more protein and start the muscle building down there. When you're in ketosis you can't eat too much protein or you'll get knocked out of ketosis.

That's it for an update. If anyone has any questions that I can answer... ask. :)

Gina

• No Bake Fat Bomb

I wanted to add a super easy, delicious "fat-bomb" recipe that I just tried last night.

Ingredients:

• 2 parts peanut butter
    • 1 part cocoa powder
    • 1 part coconut oil

Just mix them together! That's it. I melt the cococut oil and mix everything with a spoon in the same little bowl that I eat it from.

I add a tablespoon of chia seeds to mine. You can add a little sweetener if you want, but I don't. I don't think it needs it. Here is my exact recipe just for a one serving

• 2 teaspoons peanut butter
    • 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
    • 1 teaspoon coconut oil
    • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • I made some of these last night also... except I used protein powder instead of cocoa...and everything butter.... if you haven't had that you should try hunt some down ...and I rolled them in toasted coconut and goji berries

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTZnhKJJZdw_aEzrcMtA--5luqly2D7Mpiursaz8eZkEFavtJOK

• By the way, my start weight from a few weeks ago was right around. 157 pounds. I'm now at 147.

What started my whole diet and excise kick was when I got sick for a week around a month ago (the day I was laid off my job). I was in bed for a week and lost 8 pounds. I decided that I would use that as jump start to losing the weight. Of course, when I was better I gained that weight right back, but I was determined to lose at least 10 pounds, I think I'll look great at around 140, or maybe even 135.

Keto and some moderate, easy exercise can perform miracles. I'm not hungry at all and the pounds are melting off. It's fat that I'm losing too... and fat is not heavy but it makes HUGE difference in outer appearance.

I might post some before and after shots after another month. I should be down a lot more by then.

• Keto is so much easier to keep up ... My 3 months carnivore diet was great! Felt wonderful ! Still eat once a day (23 hour fast each day)
    Easy once you're filling yourself with high nutrient diet. No cravings for carbs, sugar etc

<3

Don't forget to brush your teeth!!
                                                          :blah

• It's almost like cheating, isn't it? I don't feel hungry!

:clap congratulations! you've discovered the art of consuming nourishment that actually is most body friendly (imo)
    and a darn lot more practical and sustainable long term. Even though I've eaten more carbs in the past week than I
    have done in the last 8 months lol! Actually bought potatoes and ate fresh pasta a couple of times, due to financial
    dip. I'll be going back to keto this week, starting tomorrow with some calf's liver which I haven't eaten in six weeks.
    Did you know liver contains every essential vitamin, mineral and trace element (Magnesium, phosphorus, Zinc, Calcium etc)
    Contains the most Vitamin C, B12, A, and half the alphabet so that basically one could eat mostly vegetarian apart from eating
    Calf's liver once a week (must be grass-fed if older than Calf ) and also shellfish once a week to get enough of all essential
    nutrients your body needs. As I recall Fanny and her kids ate liver once a week, in her case it was cheap, I wonder if she
    knew just how smart a move of her's that was.
    The liver I buy is such quality and tasty I can eat it raw. Certainly isn't cheap but not too bad when you consider the
    nutritional value per gram. I just sear it in butter, 2 mins max, yum!
    After eating it, you feel your body thanking you and completely satiated.
    I didn't plan to write all this but hey, I'm really into my food. :kitty

Don't forget to brush your teeth!!

• Keto update!

It's been a little over a month and I'm staying about ten pounds down from when I started. My size has gone down considerably though. I weigh around 145 now.

My band size measurement ( for the guys - around my torso just below the boobs) has gone down 4 inches - from 38 to 34 inches. My boobs didn't shrink though. Still a D cup and I still can wear my 36D bras.

The waist went down 4 inches too.

I still have consistent energy from the time I wake up and lasting all day long. It's not as intense as in the beginning, but it's a constant, steady energy. I wake up around 6 am and I clean, make my lunch and do things I would have never done before when my ass was just dragging and trying to wake up. I wake up with energy. I have mental energy.

I don't eat a a lot. Usually one meal a day and I'm not hungry. In the morning I make my bulletproof coffee around 6:30 and that gets me through to about 1pm or 2. My bulletproof coffee is coffee with two tablespoons of coconut oil and nearly two tablespoons of butter, mixed in a blender. That's about 300 calories or more..... but I stopped counting calories. The important thing is to get a lot of good fat and to not eat carbs. It's so easy too!

Since I've been working again and moving around all day, I've stopped using my exercise bike, Everyone was right about keeping up with that - but I DO NOT store stuff on it. Yet. :laughing

I feel and look great!

• After my son's wife had the stroke a few months ago I told him you guys have to drop your carbs as you consume mostly white bread carbs. He took it to heart and he and she went on this together and he is a big guy and has lost 48 lbs. and looks great and she has lost 20 something too. they are both pre or diabetic so this is really good for them and she is now making keto this and keto that; ja,s, jellies, applesauce, and so on. We have a keto bakery in Loomis but you have to order days before so they can make it to order.