Sick of going to the laundromat. Going to buy a 20 gallon barrel

• Official Post

I am so tired of going to the laundromat!

So, just going to wash my clothes in a barrel and air dry them.

The idea dawned on me after I painted my roof and destroyed my good jeans. Well, I put those jeans in a bucket and soaked them, with GOOD detergent (Persil) and those jeans came out CLEAN.

The jeans were FILTHY with black rubber rubbed into them, along with white silicon paint. The white paint I sort of had to pick out later, but those jeans are like new know. Just from sitting in a bucket.

My normal clothes don't ever get "dirty" - just body oils and smells that are normal. I can easily wash all of my clothes in a barrel, so that's what I'm going to do!

:damn

• I want to know how it works out. I have a washer and dryer that are old...very old. I have replaced them with other, better looking old units of the same model. I know every part in them and when they break I order the parts on ebay and get them usually the next day and repair them. It is my opinion that washing is the same if your washer is new or old and nobody cares how new your washer and dryer is. But some day I will be too old to repair them, so I need options that work.

:love

• Official Post

Yeah. I think it's easier to stick with a washer and dryer - any old kind.

For me, I'd need to get a propane dryer. For the washer I could just hook a hose up to it. I have no hookups, but I could so that myself if I wanted.

Soaking them works great. Rinsing and wringing the water out is a little work, but I don't mind. Better than sitting for two hours at a landromat.

• I'm just a little bit nuts, but I saw a submersable clothing agitator on an ad some time back. You throw it in your tub or sink with soap... and I thought to myself... hmmm wouldn't a water proof "toy" work just as well... lol:whip

• There are a lot of RV options.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

I think that I would buy a regular sized machine for I went with something like that. In fact I probably will just buy a used one and put the plumbing in.

My idea with the buckets was to buy a 20 gallon one so I could do a big load. Just let it soak in there and agitate it with a rod of some sport a little bit. I know it would work well.

What I will probably do it build a little shelter and put a washer and dyer in there. I've got room outside for that.