If You Don't Like Radiohead You're Probably a Dumby

• First of all, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Radiohead. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over the typical listener's head. There's also Thom’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence, people who dislike Radiohead truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in Thom’s existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons.. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Thom Yorke’s genius unfolds itself on their playlists . What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Radiohead tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:whatevs

• Official Post

First of all, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Radiohead. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over the typical listener's head. There's also Thom’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence, people who dislike Radiohead truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humor in Thom’s existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons.. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Thom Yorke’s genius unfolds itself on their playlists . What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Radiohead tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:whatevs

I don't know too many of their songs because I tend to not listen to a lot of music, but I like what I've heard.

This is a great song. I like complex and moody songs. I like great melodies and interesting chord changes.

I HATE basic bullshit songs.

• The best part (of HTDC) starts at 5:05. The way the strings come apart and then come back together is so satisfying. This is sophisticated stuff! Idiots would never get it! Here's another with an awesome payoff...

External Content youtu.be

Payoff is what I use to describe an incredibly satisfying conclusion. Where tension is built then released. Radiohead are masters at this.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• Official Post

The best part (of HTDC) starts at 5:05. The way the strings come apart and then come back together is so satisfying. This is sophisticated stuff! Idiots would never get it! Here's another with an awesome payoff...

Payoff is what I use to describe an incredibly satisfying conclusion. Where tension is built then released. Radiohead are masters at this.

what is HTDC?

This song is just over 3 minutes. Where is the 5.05 part?

• You've got that right.