Random Videos

• I fucking hate these things...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• Official Post

That brings it back a lot of memories from that time. I remember how incredibly pissed off I was that we stopped short the first war and didn't finish them off. Worse, was that we allowed Saddam to brutally suppress all the opposition groups. The people that supported us were slaughtered. Very shameful.

How stupid is that that we went on for 10 more years fucking around because we didn't finish the job the first time when we had all that hardware and personnel over there?

• This nation building thing the DC jerkoffs always try to do after they remove the designated bad guy is just an incredibly stupid idea.

Diplomacy first of course. Try to get Dr. Evil to see the problem he creates and encourage him to change. Carrot before stick. Try to help him become a better international citizen.

Then if necessary start the sanctions. Inform Dr. Evil’s people that they are going to be held responsible as well.

If “regime change “ becomes necessary then go in, absolutely lay waste to Evil’s infrastructure, bomb them back to the Stone Age, kill Dr. Evil and all his henchmen. Hang them in the square of the capital. Then just leave. Make it clear that if you have to come back it will be much, much worse. Think Rome and the destruction of Carthage.

• I think that we were under the assumption that it would actually work like it did in Japan or Germany. I mean we pretty much did the nation building thing with Japan for sure.

Germany was an industrialized first world country. Japan was an industrializing forward looking country with a totally subservient to authority population. I think that was the reason for the success of the rebuilding there. They knew what they lost and wanted it back.

Afghanistan? Not so much. As long as man love Thursday’s came back and Abdul could still screw goats they were happy.

• Germany was an industrialized first world country. Japan was an industrializing forward looking country with a totally subservient to authority population. I think that was the reason for the success of the rebuilding there. They knew what they lost and wanted it back.

Afghanistan? Not so much. As long as man love Thursday’s came back and Abdul could still screw goats they were happy.

Then again look how long it took Germany to fully come back under committee... all allies had finger in the pot . VS Japan, we alone ran that telling them how they were going to do it.

• Japan was an industrializing forward looking country with a totally subservient to authority population. I think that was the reason for the success of the rebuilding there. They knew what they lost and wanted it back.

I was recently introduced to the Japanese concept of "Akogare." The literal English translation is either "longing" or "yearning," but in context is means to aspire to be something else, typically something better or to be admired.

The gentleman giving the talk about Japanese culture explained that in general, the Japanese have had this "Akogare" for western industrialization, strength/confidence, and culture. In the first part of the 20th century, they unfortunately latched on to the more nationalistic and militaristic notions of what it meant to be a western power, which quite literally culminated in them getting themselves nuked. Despite that, with the relative kindness shown to them by the American occupation, this sense of "Akogare" if anything became stronger in the post-war years. America was powerful, but also generous toward them, and this appealed to them. And they became a massive economic power as they aspired to be more like the US.

Like all things I am sure this is waning in these days, and Japan seems to be coming back into its own identity to a degree. But it I thought it was an interesting insight into the mindset of a very different culture.

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter

• Official Post

My friend's studio and a demo of his Ludwig kit, that I guess they just gave him.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Official Post

mutha fucker!

• Official Post

Lol!

• External Content www.youtube.com