ICOM insanity litmus test

• Official Post

I would like somebody with a liberal point of view to intelligently counter me in this argument.

Wayne, I know that you can intelligently counter an argument without getting hostile. Without spamming. Without posting a million video clips and telling me that I'm stupid if I don't respond.

I would like to know if anybody with a liberal point of view could intelligently argue with me.

Here's what I would like to know. I would like a response that is intelligent.

Can anybody tell me in what ways we are actually better off today than we were for years ago?

I'm seeing skyrocketing inflation, open borders with illegal aliens being shipped and dropped off all over the country.

I am seeing world war 3 about to start in Europe.

I am seeing people's personal freedoms being trampled upon. Opinions being snuffed out.

For example, I have seen people deep platformed simply for stating actual facts and having a different opinion on covid.

I've seen doctors lose their licenses because they are stating factual evidence or opinions that are contrary to what the media and the government is telling us about covid-19.

I see a president who is barely mentally functional.

Gasoline prices are through the roof and expected to go higher.

So I would like to know by what metric do you guys go by when you say that things are better off now than they were before?

Now I'll tell you what I expect will happen. I expect that rather than stating an opinion or telling me why they think things are better, people are going to say well Trump this or Trump that. Trump was worse Trump was this. Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump Trump.

To me that's not a fucking argument.

An argument is staying on a point and making a counterpoint. An argument is not telling somebody that they're a trumpster just because they don't agree with vaccine mandates. What the fuck does Trump have to do with that? That's a personal freedom issue.

Anyway that's my rant. Let's see how it goes.

:iseewhatudid

• Official Post

Also, an argument is something that present with your own words. I don't consider a YouTube video of a news clip or an opinion clip or if some guy ranting an argument..

Use your own words and if you post something from somewhere else, it should support a fact that you are mentioning.

For instance if I'm arguing that gas prices are higher than they were a year ago, I might post a link to a factual article stating such. I'm not going to post a YouTube video of some guy ranting about gas prices and President Biden.

Do you get that? I don't think some people get it.

People like Milo on flame warriors. Never an opinion of their own just rant videos. And then you're stupid if you don't watch the video that they post.

Do people even know how to argue? Or debate?

• Official Post

I've thought about what people like Arlo say.

That I just don't want to hear the truth or something because they post a video that I'll never watch.

I want to hear your own words. Your own opinions and backing arguments. I will respect anybody that does that.

I will dismiss anybody as a fool and a fucking idiot if all they do is post rant videos or even news videos of opinions or even news videos that may contain factual information, if it's not something that is related to your argument or supports your argument.

By your argument I mean your argument. Your opinion. Your actual words and thoughts.

That's what I want to hear. Your words and thoughts.

I will never bash anybody for sitting their words and thoughts and trying to make a point in a rational matter.

What I see from Looney left balls is irrational. I don't deal with irrational idiots.

• Ok, let me get this straight ,,,

1. 'People like Arlo' are 'loony left balls' and you refuse to take them seriously.

2. You refuse to watch videos (from 'them') and you don't want any other external sources (especially since they aren't right or far right leaning).

3. You want my own words and feelings to contrast your own words and feelings to be the basis of argument without data. (repetitive, I know)

4. You want me to prove to you that this administration/president/the U.S./the world is better of than the last administration/president/the U.S./the world without mentioning Trump or his shortcomings whatsoever via my 'rational argument' versus your 'rational argument' sans evidence or facts you've decided to disagree with beforehand. (again repetitive, I know)

5. I've already indicated that, being one of the 'odd men out' on this forum, I will not engage in or start any more political discourse since no real political discourse exists here and will only offer up topics (with videos or articles) I find of interest that will not over-excite the masses here.

Do you really mind if I refuse to play that game at all (whether by your rules or not - your rules being enforceable by expulsion)?

Seriously.

arnold-wishes-you-peace

• Read them all, Gina.

• Seems more like ... 'You will argue with me the way I want you to argue with me!' (In spite of my already having acquiesced to not argue anymore.) ;)

It's starting to become apparent that all some of you want is a political punching bag. Is that the only real function of this site? It's not like the punches really hit home or accomplish anything (other than pissing some of ya'll off when I respond, in kind) but ya'll are kinda becoming rather tedious at this point. 8)

• Seems more like ... 'You will argue with me the way I want you to argue with me!' (In spite of my already having acquiesced to not argue anymore.) ;)

It's starting to become apparent that all some of you want is a political punching bag. Is that the only real function of this site? It's not like the punches really hit home or accomplish anything (other than pissing some of ya'll off when I respond, in kind) but ya'll are kinda becoming rather tedious at this point. 8)

What we'd honestly like is exactly what Gina asked. Tell us you point of view and why you think that. Any 12 year old can cut and paste articles and videos.

Most of us don't believe in what we see on the mainstream media whether it comes from left or right sites.

A real man loves his woman every day of the month

• What you honestly demand of me, you mean. The political tit for tat was given up by me. And if I share a video it's because I either wholeheartedly agree with the opinions expressed in it or it provides some salient points and it is an easy way to provide such. I can't help it if you are too sensitive to watch it. So, no more. That should suffice.

But just keep up the demand for a 'discussion' or 'exchange of ideas' that you're not really interested in. You showed your hand, already. I'm not sitting at that table.

Gina, thanks for the invite to the place that's better than FW. Guess I gotta take your word for that not having tried the previous incarnation.

:shootme

• Official Post

I usually do not have time throughout the day to watch a video.

The point is that if you have a point of view, express it. Don't give me a video as your answer. Give me your own thoughts.

Does that sound like I want a political punching bag to you?

I like people. I like it when people are interactive and honest. I dont care if someone has wildly different views. I just don't want to see a bunch of spam that someone tries to pass off as an argument.

Pretty simple.

• What we'd honestly like is exactly what Gina asked. Tell us you point of view and why you think that. Any 12 year old can cut and paste articles and videos.

Most of us don't believe in what we see on the mainstream media whether it comes from left or right sites.

Pls used standard milo practices when quoting pls.

• It's way more simpler than you think. You managed to reveal how you emotionally feel about those that do not share your political beliefs while you demand a 'rational exchange.' That made it a broken preposition from the start. I had already pushed the 'political discourse' pretend theater away. Was that not good enough? I'm not trying to convert ya'll. Don't expect to convert me. Why can't we just all get along? LOL (I crack myself up - please pardon).

If my non political threads here are considered 'spam' then I demand a blindfold and a ... no wait ... I don't smoke.

NzdhUP.gif