Russia begins invasion of Ukraine - what now?

• So far as Putin being taken out, I've read a few articles written by Russian reporters who aren't fans of Putin who claim he's surrounded by yes men right now. I doubt Putin is going to expose himself much in the near or even mid future - since he's been sending units after Ukraine's president, it follows that he must figure on the same happening to him, from both external and internal threats.

Russian papers today claim that almost 10,000 Russian soldiers have been killed and nearly 17,000 wounded. That's a VERY high casualty rate considering the invading force numbers. Shockingly high, especially considering they haven't even gotten into the really brutal aspects of urban combat yet. If these numbers are accurate...crazy, and this is among some of the best equipped units in the Russian military too.

• Official Post

I saw that the Russian news, I mean a news agency that is basically the government news agency reported those numbers. Then they immediately deleted them.

I've also read today that some intelligence sources think that the Russians have only about 3 days worth of food and supplies left. They mentioned that it only takes about 2 days to get supplies but that it's not happening.

I've also read that there are no signs that they are replenishing their losses from any other parts of the country. Also, the call they made for foreign fighters to come in has not been heeded. Nobody's coming. Lol

The Russians have always been fucks. Evil fucks.

• Official Post

The losses they are taking are incredible. They're not sustainable. They're getting their asses handed to them.

Low morale, shitty supplies, compromise communications, broken down equipment, freezing and frostbite. A hostile population who they were told would welcome them.

They are getting their asses handed to them left and right. It's got to be so humilityating for Putin..

Putin has been starting to purge people and pin the blame on others as well. He's arrested some top military people already. Forgiving out bad intelligence. Lol.

Typical Russians.

• that news report was hacked by somebody, but I dont doubt that it could probably be true . thousands of soldiers on both sides and probably many more civilians have been killed. after almost a month of fighting, i doubt the military on both sides is only a few thousands. russia could have taken ucraine in a few days or a week at the most, but their forces were never told the truth, and they were never trained for it. it's like sending boy scouts to fight a war.

• I was trained for combat and trust me I didnt want to be there, almost anybody that I knew back then, didnt want to be there. but that was the job we had.

old saying anybody that is not afraid in combat is either a lier or a ghurka. so yeah I was afraid, but I had a job to do. we all understood that. we would rather be home making out with some girl, wife's or in the case of rednecks, sister or mother. ok that is just a joke. but sure as hell we didnt want to be there.

• I follow this guy and he fills in a lot of information.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I follow this guy and he fills in a lot of information.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I was one of the first 200 subscribers to Mooch's channel, fantastic isn't it. I encourage everyone to sub and watch his video catalogue, there isn't a single video that isn't worth the time IMO. He's involved in the DCS sim community too.

Sorry to hear about your son's leg, break in 3 places, damn. Hope he heals quickly, nothing heals like a kid (a great Tom Clancy quote, among so many others).

Our dearly departed Mike/Airhead used to have some fantastic and accurate rants about the VA. You know, I don't think I've ever heard a single good thing about the VA from all the US vets I know and have worked with. The last PMC company I worked for had a lot of former US Marines and Army guys (and a couple NSW Navy guys too), and every single one had nothing but issues dealing with the VA. One area that should be focused on, here's to hoping a new administration gets in during the next election in the USA. Or before that, hah.

• Bitch stories are always told, happy stories hardly ever as there is no reason to bitch.

True enough, but you would think there would be at least one person among all those I know tell a story where the VA really came though, and had a really positive impact. I hear positive stories about our crappy medical system here in Western Canada at times - certainly not frequently, but I do hear them, and I'm in and out of the hospital/docs office on a weekly basis for both myself and my father...ie a lot of exposure to people in the system. Not hearing ANY positive outcomes from those in the US about the VA was just my experience, but I think it's telling that the VA is a net loser/red down arrow when it comes to dealing with their patients.

• Our dearly departed Mike/Airhead used to have some fantastic and accurate rants about the VA. You know, I don't think I've ever heard a single good thing about the VA from all the US vets I know and have worked with. The last PMC company I worked for had a lot of former US Marines and Army guys (and a couple NSW Navy guys too), and every single one had nothing but issues dealing with the VA. One area that should be focused on, here's to hoping a new administration gets in during the next election in the USA. Or before that, hah.

Well allow me to be the first then. Pre-Trump the VA sucked; sucked incredibly. It WAS cold, uncaring bureaucratic medicine. Trump cleaned it up. My sister is tight with one of the guys that was in the top tier there under Trump. Things got done. I've used VA for routine healthcare and minor stuff. It's all been well regulated as to scheduling, notification and follow ups. Prompt appointments, as fast or faster than my civilian healthcare. Care has been top notch. Actually thinking about dropping everything else and going straight VA.

• External Content youtu.be

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• Well allow me to be the first then. Pre-Trump the VA sucked; sucked incredibly. It WAS cold, uncaring bureaucratic medicine. Trump cleaned it up. My sister is tight with one of the guys that was in the top tier there under Trump. Things got done. I've used VA for routine healthcare and minor stuff. It's all been well regulated as to scheduling, notification and follow ups. Prompt appointments, as fast or faster than my civilian healthcare. Care has been top notch. Actually thinking about dropping everything else and going straight VA.

little notice the va law that passed and trump took credit for it was passed when obama was president. trust me I know it very well. that's how I get benefits.

edit: va still sucks, but not as much as when the law was passed under obama. dont give up your own insurance if you can.

• until a couple of years ago, used to volunteer to drive vets free of charge to the va. they wanted to talk but I would tune them out, not that i was cold hearted. it was just that it saw myself and it hurt a lot. I dont do that because it affects my mental health. it seems harsh but I dont want to wake up screaming in the middle of the night anymore. I just wish I could sleep a good night sleep, but my wife has issues and if she doesnt sleep, then I cant sleep either.

• Well allow me to be the first then. Pre-Trump the VA sucked; sucked incredibly. It WAS cold, uncaring bureaucratic medicine. Trump cleaned it up. My sister is tight with one of the guys that was in the top tier there under Trump. Things got done. I've used VA for routine healthcare and minor stuff. It's all been well regulated as to scheduling, notification and follow ups. Prompt appointments, as fast or faster than my civilian healthcare. Care has been top notch. Actually thinking about dropping everything else and going straight VA.

Awesome - I should have been specific, all the guys I mentioned were a long time before Trump was elected, it was during the end of the Bush era and mostly in the Obama administrations. I had read a lot of articles about Trump regarding the VA - I hope all the work he did doesn't backslide under sir PoopyPants.

• little notice the va law that passed and trump took credit for it was passed when obama was president. trust me I know it very well. that's how I get benefits.

Seems CNN begs to differ

Trump signs VA reform bill, making good on a campaign promise

From the article:

The VA scandal during the Obama administration engulfed the department, leading to the resignation of Secretary Eric Shinseki after CNN uncovered the existence of a secret scheduling listat the VA in Phoenix.

The new law gives Shulkin and future VA secretaries the power to get rid of employees who break department rules and increases whistleblower protections.

Shulkin pushed for this kind of reform bill during his confirmation process and in the first months of his tenure, arguing that the department was “still in critical condition” and more accountability was needed to improve the treatment veterans receive.

Glad to hear it has improved no matter who was responsible for it.