ICOM BOOK CLUB

• GG, I recommend you try taking a few speed reading courses. I have Evelyn Wood's 7 day speed reading course/book, it's excellent, and teaches you varying levels an techniques to increase your speed and retention. There are quite a few others you can find online for free, let me know if you're interested and I can email/lend some to you. Even if you increase your speed and retention by say only a factor of 2, you'll be able to read a TON more material, and retain and understand it better as well.

Books I've been reading -

Bernard Cornwell's The Last Kingdom series. My ancestors being from the same area as his (Cornwall, I'm a Cornish (last name )) I find his books interesting. I'm reading his Civil war series as well, the StarBuck chronicles.

Like Elfie, I too have been reading the bible, I've never read it cover to cover, and it was a bucket list item that I'm intending to cross off this year.

I've been re reading some chapters out of a variety of Tom Clancy's books, the topics he wrote about and created resonate so well with what's happening today, from airliners used as poor man's guided weapons, the USA having to deal with terrorism on a large scale, the rise of China's military capability, to small infantry units stopping Russian tank column/advances with small shoulder and tripod mounted mobile anti tank missiles (a major theme in Red Storm Rising).

Lastly I've been reading a bunch of non fiction historical books on the BF109 and FW190. I have 2 dozen books in epud/pdf format on these aircraft alone, if anyone is interested in a book list or reading any of these, let me know. Some excellent stuff I've found over the years online.

• Here is what I have been reading the last month:

The Complete Ketopgenic Diet for Beginners - Amy Ramos

White Cargo - Jordan & Walsh

Anam Cara - O'donohue

Pole Shift Evidence Will Not Be Silenced - David Montaigne

The Lost Treasure of the Templars - James Becker

Illuminatti The Cult That Hijacked The World - Henry Makow

Illuminatti 2 Deceit and Seduction - Henry Makow

Illuminatti 3 Satanic Possession - Henry Makow

Cruel Hoax Feminism & The New World Order - Henry Makow

• I've read a ton of books over the years that I either checked out from libraries or purchased (mostly paperback) hard copies of. Those physical books have mostly ended up in the trash because there were so many and they were hard to storeand move.

Since then I've gone to mostly reading on a Kindle.

• What do you think of the Pole Shift's book, and Henry Makow's books? I may put those 4 on my list for April.

Elfie - I have many bookshelves filled with books too, major pain when moving for sure. I have thousands if not tens of thousands of books in epub/pdf/etc format too. I was using an eReader back in 2010/2011 before people had ipads or the capability to read books on their phones, so I was an early adopter of electronic books and reading. I've kept every book I've ever found/read/grabbed online since then. TBs worth of books - much easier storing books this way. I do have a large number of hardcover and other "real" books that are sentimentally important to me and my missus, so they'll always be around, but the bookshelves haven't grown much in the last 12 years...

The Amazon Fire tablet/readers are so cheap now, great for kids or for use as a "throwaway" device out on the water or on vacation IMO. For $60 for the small one when it comes on sale, I don't worry about losing it or busting it up when I take it outdoors - the rest of the time I just use my iPad Pro now.

• Official Post

I was never interested in anything fiction even as a kid. I like history and factual information.

I also like to read about things I'm interested in, like music production or computers or things like that. Not so much computers I mean I'll read about them when I need to.

But I've been watching courses on music production and I really find that enjoyable and I learn a lot from that. I wouldn't learn nearly as much by reading because these are audio and video. You can actually hear the difference in what they are doing and they're super subtle. You actually need to have good speakers to hear the differences but overall then a huge difference in your mix

But as far as reading goes I just don't like anything fiction. Never did. I don't really even like movies. I like documentaries.

• GG, I recommend you try taking a few speed reading courses. I have Evelyn Wood's 7 day speed reading course/book, it's excellent,

My parents gave me that true gift as a freshman in high school. It was expensive but they were all about education. It helped me immensely through high school, college and UPT. I am still in awe that they planned that in for me. They were ahead of the curve.

I'm not as fast at it as I once was as I don't particularly practice it. I still read WAY fast though with good comprehension.

• Speed reading is an amazing ability to have, but it really takes some time to develop even after the speed reading course. Reading comprehension also the same. You have to really make to to read a lot to develop these things and it is best to start when you are younger I think.

• I am the same. I rarely read fiction. I prefer non fiction of course. If I do read fiction, I prefer science fiction because it usually has a lot of truth in it. Usually the kind of truth that we are not supposed to know or read about so it is hidden in science fiction sometimes.

• I am the same. I rarely read fiction. I prefer non fiction of course. If I do read fiction, I prefer science fiction because it usually has a lot of truth in it. Usually the kind of truth that we are not supposed to know or read about so it is hidden in science fiction sometimes.

Beeter is that you? ^^

• I have the Dritz series up to the last one.

I played Icewind Dale to completion, that was a blast.

I used to Dungeon Master for the Forgotten Realms and I loved taking groups into Myth Drannor. I can't count the number of times I had those bitches running like scared little girls. heh

One dungeon I made had loads of traps and gimmicks. For example I put in a long hallway with a door at the end, think 200' plus. The group spent over an hour of real time trying to open the door. It was fake. lol

On one door I put an eye and underneath the eye it said "draw your weapons". They almost didn't make it through that door but one guy said something to the effect of "I know this sounds ridiculous but what if we drew pictures of our weapons and showed them to the eye? Ridiculous works sometimes. hahaha

• What do you think of the Pole Shift's book, and Henry Makow's books? I may put those 4 on my list for April.

The pole shift book is pretty good, but if you want the very best it is this one "The Adam and Eve Story".

If you want to read about pole shift read this one first that I will attach as a PDF. I don't think you will find one to buy anywhere. The Author when he went to publish it was hired by the Federal Government and the book was classified for a long period of time.

As far as the illuminatti books by Makow go, they were good but the best one and the one you should start with is by Bill Marrs - The Illuminati: The Secret Societies that Highjacked the World. Bill is an investigative reporter and he provides sources for all the key data in the book. That way you can look further at any source for anything you may have further questions about etc. Makow's books basically expand on Bill Marr's work and repeat some of it too. So I would suggest you start with Bill Marrs.

I have the Adam & Eve Story in PDF but not sure it is possible to upload it here.