Corinary Calcium Scan

• Mary and I are going to get a Corinary Calcium Scan on the 14th (I think). $75 each. It will show the calcium in the arteries the heart. There is a scale from 0 to 1000, 1000 being..."your a dead man walking".....according to American Medicine you can't reverse this situation so doctors rarely prescribe one.....but several Internet doctors have shown that it can be reversed by K2-mk7 and D3 together and low carbs. We are going to get one each year for the next 5 years so we can measure the progress over time. I don't want to live forever, I just want to not hurt a lot like my father and grandfather.

;)

• just took my D3 and omega-3

the heart pills earlier

laughing

that test sounds intrestin to me

butt not enough to make a trip to town for one lol

I will just read what you tell us

CC

• Hi charlie! You should do a search on Youtube for K2. It moves calcium from your arteries to the right place, like bones and teeth. Americans are deficient in K2 because we don't eat grass fed animal products any more. This is not to be confused with K1, the blood clotting agent. It also needs to be in proportion with D3, taken at the same time. I get a bottle of drops already mixed.

We are getting the scan because my wife has relatively high cholesterol. If the scan shows her heart is free or very low in calcium deposits she will not take any cholesterol lowering drugs.

Higher than normal cholesterol can be a normal side effect of a Keto diet. Keto switches your body from glucose at the primary energy source to fat and the way the fat is delivered to your cells is through LDL cholesterol.

• Official Post

Mary and I are going to get a Corinary Calcium Scan on the 14th (I think). $75 each. It will show the calcium in the arteries the heart. There is a scale from 0 to 1000, 1000 being..."your a dead man walking".....according to American Medicine you can't reverse this situation so doctors rarely prescribe one.....but several Internet doctors have shown that it can be reversed by K2-mk7 and D3 together and low carbs. We are going to get one each year for the next 5 years so we can measure the progress over time. I don't want to live forever, I just want to not hurt a lot like my father and grandfather.

;)

Is invasive? How much can they see in the arteries?

• The use a scanner like MRI, can't remember the exact one. Very low radiation. Then a doctor explains the findings and shows you a video of your heart. Takes about 15 minuets. It is not covered by insurance but its not very expensive. I have never had one so it will be fun to tell you guys all about it.

• Mary and I are going to get a Corinary Calcium Scan on the 14th (I think). $75 each. It will show the calcium in the arteries the heart. There is a scale from 0 to 1000, 1000 being..."your a dead man walking".....according to American Medicine you can't reverse this situation so doctors rarely prescribe one.....but several Internet doctors have shown that it can be reversed by K2-mk7 and D3 together and low carbs. We are going to get one each year for the next 5 years so we can measure the progress over time. I don't want to live forever, I just want to not hurt a lot like my father and grandfather.

;)

My father had chelation for years and when he was in his mid eighties he required a 4 way by pass operation. His surgeon could not believe how easy it was to harvest a vein our of his leg to use in the process but it was due to all the chelating treatments he had had.

• My father had chelation for years and when he was in his mid eighties he required a 4 way by pass operation. His surgeon could not believe how easy it was to harvest a vein our of his leg to use in the process but it was due to all the chelating treatments he had had.

Interesting...........what kind of heavy metal problem did he have?

• I can't say that I totally understand what they mean but I will tell you what I think I understand. It starts with inflammation in the arteries....an injury from too much insulin most of the time. The body sends chemistry and cells to put a band-aid on the injury....made of cholesterol....later calcium may be added to "stabilize" the patch...give it mechanical integrity...This does many things. If the plaque (band-aid) is too big it blocks the artery....If the plaque is covering a "hot plaque" or liquid cholesterol and the plaque cracks, loosens, what ever....and releases the liquid forms a clot and you have a heart attack, or embolism in your lungs, or brain...depending on where the clot goes.

The Calcium Scan "sees" calcium in the arteries of the heart through an MRI so the Doctor can tell "relatively" how much plaque there is in the arteries of your heart.

Some plaque doesn't have calcium, just to complicate things even more, so the MRI doesn't see it at all.

Your arteries normally can expand as much as 100% during a heart beat or pulse. So the arteries can be ....say 50% blocked and things still function just fine. But the Calcium harms the arteries ability to be flexible...i.e. hardening of the arteries.

The Calcium Score is supposed to be an indicator of your risk of heart attack or heart disease over the next 5 years. We got the test because Mary has high cholesterol or did before she started KETO. Now her LDL is still high but both of our ratios of LDL to triglycerides are the same....under 2 so we needed to know if we should treat her LDL with some kind of statin (example Crestor) . The medication comes with a lot of side effects. The current wisdom from the KETO community is if the Coronary Calcium Score is the same of less from one year to the next, the cholesterol issue should not be treated, but Mary's number is really high so we don't know exactly what to do right now.

We have adjusted her D3-K2 from 10,000IU/day to 40,000/day and are looking for every thing we can find to lower inflammation. She is also speeding up her weight loss from about 1lb /week to as fast as she can go....she only needs to loose 15 more lbs to reach her target weight. We haven't decided about exercise....there are a lot of stories of people doing cardio exercise, exercise that raises your heart rate, and causing a heart attack.

Sooooo....we will most likely repeat the test in 6 months instead of a year just to see if she is going in the right direction.....to see if what she is doing lowers the number.

She has no other symptom!! Blood pressure is ok. No heart pain. She can climb 4 flights of stairs without being winded, and she does that every day at work. She is per-diabetic but her fasting blood sugar is around 100 every day.

We will see what happens.

• You can have high high LDL score and still be healthy as long as its ratio to HDL it balanced.
    The inflammation can be caused by several things (apart from insuline peaks) but what is most harmful are vegetable and seed oils.
    The latter, particularly so. Oxalates are naturally occurring in plants and seeds to discourage "being eaten" and consist of needle like shards that cause damage to arteries and digestive system. Not only can they cause the inflammation in arteries but can also lead to leaky gut syndrome, Chrohn's disease, sensitivity to gluten and other chronic ailments.

Cholesterol is a very important substance in keeping every cell in your body healthy and responsible for the following functions.
    * BRAIN : crucial component of synapses and Myelin sheaths.
    * CELL MEMBRANE: Maintains their integrity, facilitates cell signalling, prevents ion leaks, protects against pathogens.
    * G.I TRACT : Serves as the structural foundation of bile salts, aids in digestion of fats.
    * Structural foundation of VITAL HORMONES: for Vitamin D, all the sex hormones, Testosterone, Eostrogen, etc and Cortisone
    * IN HDL:LDL :Protects the contents from oxidation, and GLYSATION damage during transportation to cells.
    * COMBATS INFLAMMATION :Acts as the body's fire brigade putting out inflammatory fires and helping repair damage.

We've been (falsely) led to believe cholesterol is bad for us through some very dodgy studies mid last century of which the main (criminal) culprit was Ancel Keys. (IMHO responsible for as many premature deaths as Adolf Hitler :rolleyes:) read this quick summary https://carnivoreaurelius.com/ancel-keys/
    He may as well have presented the following theory: Screen-Shot-2019-06-13-at-1.32.55-PM.png
    So not only did he cherry pick 7 countries out of the original 22 he started with. The countries with the highest rates of heart disease were also highest consumers of (nice and cheap) Margarine. (in his study wanted to show saturated fats from animal source as being the cause of heart disease) Not only did Keys cherry pick seven countries, he bypassed one of the most important scientific notions: correlation is not equal to causation. And results were based on "fats" in general (so not distinguishing between saturated, unsaturated or poly-unsaturated fats.

Back to Cholesterol, it is sent to patch the damage caused by oxalates the create the "band-aid" Wayne mentioned.
    quick general reference of Vegetables Low in Oxalates : Cabbage, Paksoi, Brussel Sprouts, Lettuce, Cavalo Nero, Watercress, Lamb's ears (lettuce).
    High in Oxalates : Spinach, Beetroot, Swiss Chard, Potato, Sweet potato,Celery, Plantain, Rhubarb.
    ( also nearly all nuts are high in oxalates with Brazil and Macadamia nuts being the least harmful)

wayne5 , please do not let your wife start on any type of statins any time soon ya hear!
    Great to hear she doing so well on the Keto diet and continuing to lose weight.
    Funny how we've both studied alternative diets in the past year. If you are worried about possible inflammation and subsequently
    having a heart attack or aneurysm etc perhaps your wife should go on carnivore diet to help heal any current damage and then reintroducing the Keto at a later date. (?) Going carnivore from Keto is very easy and still fewer carbs so you stay in Ketosis and also
    keep losing the weight. I have quite a lot of info on it so give me a shout if you're interested. I intend to make a thread on it in the future but could be a while before I get round to it ;)

CAUSE OF ALL DISEASE : METABOLIC SYNDROME

Metabolic Syndrome = high levels of insuline in your blood. Constant high levels of insulin blood leads to chronic inflammation in the body

Real cause of heart disease is : bread, sugar, breakfast cereals, pasta, vegetable oils, biscuits, cakes and often processed carbs and soft drinks etc.
    Causes: hearts disease, cancer, autoimmune disease, mental illness, perpetual inflammation, Ortheo Sclerosis, Diabetes etc
    ANTI NUTRITIONAL FACTORS:
    * Protease inhibitors
    * Lectin
    * Phytoestrogens
    * Goitrogenic factors
    * Rachtogenic factors
    * Phytic Acid
    * Mycotoains
    * Allergens
    * Lipo oxidase
    Consumption of processed carbohydrates leads to permanent glucose overload.
    Glucose overload leads to over production of Insulin

I'll get into the OMEGA 6 and OMEGA 3 tomorrow (or when I can) right now I need sleep badly..:bedtime

Don't forget to brush your teeth!!
                                                          :blah

Edited once, last by Ninster ().

• Just a suggestion, Wayne. Too much inflammation is what triggers heart attacks And homo cysteine is associated with inflammation. You might look into P-5-P which is the most bio available form of vitamin B 6.

• "please do not let your wife start on any type of statins any time soon ya hear!"

Thanks, I agree but there is that part about how she does what she wants, so we will see what happens....:whip

• Thanks Molly....I will revisit it..

You are most welcome.

Just an idea but I really miss the former format we had on here.

Did GG tell you I went and met two members and a wife of one of them at Swabbies where GG, Eve and I had planned to go two years ago in Sept. 23rd.????????? My hubby and I did this and we had such a great time. I really liked all of them. I felt it was such an opportunity and it was especially nice because three weeks or so ago I just lost my friend from Michigan who had a site that I have been on for 18/19 years.

Do you recall, the former ICOM would send emails an alert if someone responded or posted ? So cool.:love:clap If you haven't figured it out by now, I hate changes.

• I remember, Molly. She didn't tell me. I'm not very social but sometimes I think I would like to meet people........but not often. I need to work on that.

:huh: