Random Randoms

• Official Post

I would like to move up close to your area. I think it's beautiful, plus very affordable. I saw one place that had a big out building and I think a couple acres. I could make that a recording/tracking and mixing studio. It get so excited thinking about a place like that, plus I could be relatively close to you.

Not that I would ever want to impose on you or make you feel obligated to be my buddy - but I love you and you wife. I like your friends too.

The other thing my main boss - the founder and the big cheese ha said to me several times is that he likes the fact that I'm not afraid to work on anything.

Last week I replaced three print heads on a Mimaki JFX200 2513 Ex - a very large flatbed printer that only I am certified on but but that no one really knows a lot about. It's a pretty complicated set of procedures and it took two days, but I got it done. Not even Mimaki has good support on it yet and I only called them one time for a minor clarification on the Japanese to English translation - and when I called and told them the model, they immediately said that they might nee to pass me to level two, depending on the question. It's a newer model

The print heads are very large and have a lot or cables, tubes and sensors . Calibrations are not easy.

I think that was a pretty nice feather in my cap.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• Official Post

I heard there's a tracker that follows all of Nancy Pelosi's husband's stock trade. People follow it and do what he does. The other day he was in the news for purchasing millions in Nvidia stock a day before a bill was passed (correction- the senate is working on) regarding tech in the US. A semiconductor bill. So just for kicks I bout two shares. It's up over 10 percent.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news…ust-bought-151000595.html

Nancy Pelosi’s husband just bought over $1 million of this chip stock right before a $52 billion subsidy vote — is there still time to tag along?

Nvidia (NVDA)

As a leading manufacturer of graphics cards, Nvidia shares have had a solid bull run over the past decade. But that rally came to an abrupt stop towards the end of 2021. In 2022, the stock has fallen about 47%.

Nvidia’s plunge is substantial even when compared to other beaten-down stocks in the semiconductor sector.

The business, though, is doing well, making the stock a particularly intriguing contrarian idea. The chipmaker generated $8.29 billion of revenue in its fiscal Q1.

On June 17, Paul Pelosi exercised 200 call options on Nvidia (that were expiring on June 17) at a strike price of $100, valued at between $1 million and $5 million.

The transaction comes at an interesting time. The Senate is expected to vote on a bipartisan competition bill that includes a $52 billion subsidy for domestic chipmakers. Voting could begin as early as Tuesday.

Visa (V)

The disclosure shows that Paul Pelosi sold 10,000 shares of Visa on June 21 worth between $1 million and $5 million.

The Pelosis are no stranger to the credit card giant. In 2011, it was reported that they participated in Visa’s initial public offering in 2008. Back then, the power couple were able to purchase 5,000 shares of Visa at the IPO price of $44.

Visa conducted a four-for-one stock split in March 2015, so its IPO price on a split adjusted basis was $11.

Now, Visa shares traded at between $193.73 and $196.73 on June 21. If Paul sold the 10,000 shares at the day’s low of $193.73, he would have received $1,937,300 from the transaction. If those were the shares bought at the company’s IPO, their cost basis would be $110,000 (10,000 shares times $11 per share), and the couple would have made a handsome profit of $1,827,300.

In 2022, Visa shares slipped around 5% — not a stellar performer, but still better than the S&P 500’s double-digit decline in the same period.

Apple (AAPL)

It’s easy to see why Apple could be special: No one who spends $1,600 for a fully decked-out iPhone 13 Pro Max would call it a steal, but numerous consumers love splurging on Apple products anyway.

Earlier last year, management revealed that the company’s active installed base of hardware has surpassed 1.65 billion devices, including over 1 billion iPhones.

Today, Apple is a tech behemoth commanding around $2.4 trillion of market cap.

The business is also growing. In the March quarter, the company’s total revenue increased 9% year over year with services revenue soaring to a new all-time high.

The stock, however, is not immune to the market sell-off and is down 17% year to date.

On June 17, Paul Pelosi sold 50 call options on Apple (that were expiring on June 17) with a strike price of $100 valued at between $100,000 and $250,000.

• The morality of Star Trek back in the day. What made it great.

The crew of the Enterprise accidentally interacted with a primitive culture:

"You must not kneel to me."

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

Edited 2 times, last by GeeEss ().

• Official Post

Next generation was my favorite star trek. Then the original. After that everything is crap. Deep space 9 is bullshit. Or at least I never got into it because of the stupid Halloween costume creatures. I hate that they do that. Just make everything look more human and less ridiculous.

• Official Post

I'm at Chipotle... And this is just my second time. So I get two shredded beef tacos, but they put the ingredients in for you as they go. So I don't understand how anything works. This girl says would you like white rice or brown rice or anything like that, and I said yeah I'll have white rice. So she dumps it in the taco. I go oh no I didn't know it went in the taco! And she said oh I can dump it out.

I said if you can tell, I'm new here! She said no problem I got you through! What kind of meat? I said steak, oh no is that shredded beef? I'll take that!

She said you know how to party! Yeah I got you. She was so cute had a big smile on her face. I think she thought it was cute that I was bumbling through the whole thing.

But when she said you know how to party I just started to laugh I put my hand on my chest cuz it was so funny. The way she said it. And she was so nice and happy.

:laughing