Random Randoms

• I really hate having those kinds of dreams. They really disturb me.

Try to remember this before going to sleep, it's YOUR dream, so you can do what you want. If you get sent to prison in your dream, become the Boss Bitch of the prison, break out, have the bestest lawyer ever that not only gets you out immediately but gets everyone who sent you to prison in the deepest doo doo evah.

The possibilities are endless because it's YOUR dream. :)

• Sitting here listening to one of my favorite albums of all time, "the best of bread".... Pop record producers need to go back this sort of thing in so far as... I'm listening to this, what some would consider the cheesiest of the cheese kiddy pop and I'm hearing four real guys in a real room creating something from dedication to craft yet very human- there's fret buzz, drums a little too forward... Listening to It Don't Matter to Me.. I hear an incredibly frustrated drummer aggressively overplaying but holy shit it works! It seems today technology is used to wring as much of the humanity out of music as it possibly can.. They just don't know how to make music like this anymore. The computers have ruined it.

• I hear an incredibly frustrated drummer aggressively overplaying but holy shit it works!

Sadly, I could never hear that sort of thing in music because I can't separate the sounds enough to do so.

Imagine the effect a noisy restaurant has on your conversation at a table if you try to speak in a normal tone of voice, it gets lost in the clutter quickly. I can't understand the lyrics in most music for this very reason, I can hear their voices but not what they are saying because it gets lost in the clutter of the music. Same thing for individual instruments.

It's been that way my entire life so I'll never really know what I've missed, if anything. :)

• I did a quick internet search looking to see if anyone else had ever noticed how aggressive the drums are on "it don't matter to me" and maybe it is just me....

But I did come across this video of this old guy covering it. As I watched I became more and more impressed with his chops. I'm pretty sure he hit every single nuance perfectly except I believe the drummer on the record was hitting everything a little harder...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• I have Best of Bread also, there's one song that makes me cry every time I hear it-- "Every Thing I Own" had to delete it. Brings back sad memories of a dead loved one

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• Yeah... That song has the same effect on me. Savor that emotion. That is the most intimate way two people can communicate; a connection on a primal, mostly subconscious way... From David Gates' heart directly to my soul.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• I have Best of Bread also, there's one song that makes me cry every time I hear it-- "Every Thing I Own" had to delete it. Brings back sad memories of a dead loved one

If I am not mistaken, it was a brother correct?

I lost one also, he was 27. I cried the day I realized he's been gone longer than he was here. I know your pain my friend. He was a year and 10 days younger than me and his birthday is difficult every year.

• Sitting here listening to one of my favorite albums of all time, "the best of bread".... Pop record producers need to go back this sort of thing in so far as... I'm listening to this, what some would consider the cheesiest of the cheese kiddy pop and I'm hearing four real guys in a real room creating something from dedication to craft yet very human- there's fret buzz, drums a little too forward... Listening to It Don't Matter to Me.. I hear an incredibly frustrated drummer aggressively overplaying but holy shit it works! It seems today technology is used to wring as much of the humanity out of music as it possibly can.. They just don't know how to make music like this anymore. The computers have ruined it.

They were great and old, band-in -the-room recordings have a soul.

I was reading something George Harrison said about the time he pout out Cloud Nine. He was talking about Ringo as compared to this other drummer he had record on the album. Both Ringo and this other guy played on it.

Poor George said something that was embossing. He said these days, with computers and computer timing, people won't put up with anything less than perfect timing. He got the other drummer because he sounded like a drum machine. Says that guy and Ringo gave him the best of both.

He was basically falling for the "on the grid" perfect timing bullshit that kills any feel.

• If I am not mistaken, it was a brother correct?

I lost one also, he was 27. I cried the day I realized he's been gone longer than he was here. I know your pain my friend. He was a year and 10 days younger than me and his birthday is difficult every year.

Eldest brother many years back, my cousin, probably the closest person in my life since we were little kids, last year....blew her head off while ghosting my calls over a few days. I've been with/married to Barb for 30 years, she just occupies a different space

• Eldest brother many years back, my cousin, probably the closest person in my life since we were little kids, last year....blew her head off while ghosting my calls over a few days. I've been with/married to Barb for 30 years, she just occupies a different space

My brother hung himself from a light fixture in his apartment. His neighbors called the cops because of the smell. They figured he'd been dead for 5 days when they found him.

In 1965 the State of Nebraska removed myself and two brothers (one older and one younger) from our biological parents home due to severe neglect. (How bad did that have to be in 1965?) Over the next 3 years Rex and I were in 5 different foster homes and he was the one constant in my life as I was in his. In the home we were eventually adopted in, we shared a room for years and years and for a while we shared a double bed at night.

He had the courage to leave our abusive home a week before he turned 16 and entered the foster system again voluntarily. I waited until I graduated and left for basic training. I was devastated when I heard the news he'd died.

I'm truly sorry to hear about both your brother and your cousin.

• That was almost a carbon copy of Barb's childhood, except they sent her little sister to a different home

• Barb was in a succession of foster homes, 90% of whom used foster kids for cash cows. Younger sister was adopted, didn't see her again for 15 years

• Barb was in a succession of foster homes, 90% of whom used foster kids for cash cows. Younger sister was adopted, didn't see her again for 15 years

/nods

My siblings and I (3 of them) were used as cash cows. Our adoptive parents got subsidized adoption, meaning they got to keep getting the money they got as foster parents after the adoptin process. In 1970 they were getting $110/month/kid. Check an inflation calculator to see how much that is today.