What Brings You Quiet Contentment?

• For me it's simple perfection.

This perfectly brewed cup of ordinary coffee and the look on my partner's face as she sips it oblivious to my gaze.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm trying to think of what brings me Quiet Contentment™... Perhaps a glass of wine at the end of the day while watching some yootoobe.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• You're likely a big hair metal head. Give it a think and come back with

1. A definition of Quiet.

B. A photo of you in a contemplative state.

You will be graded and it counts.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• So some of you mostly derive contentment from what you do productively.

Does anyone find contentment in the handiwork of other's creation?

• Official Post

For me it's simple perfection.

This perfectly brewed cup of ordinary coffee and the look on my partner's face as she sips it oblivious to my gaze.

I appreciate my quiet and alone times. I also love my morning coffee. I like making it. I like hand grinding it.

I like the sea breeze in the nice cool air.

I feel very content. I appreciate simple things.

• So some of you mostly derive contentment from what you do productively.

Does anyone find contentment in the handiwork of other's creation?

Isaiah 40:26: “Lift up your eyes to heaven and see. Who has created these things?

It is the One who brings out their army by number; He calls them all by name.
    Because of his vast dynamic energy and his awe-inspiring power, Not one of them is missing."

1 Tim 6:6-8: "To be sure, there is great gain in godly devotion along with contentment. For we have brought nothing into the world, and neither can we carry anything out. So, having food and clothing, we will be content with these things."

Matthew 6:25-33: “On this account I say to you: Stop being anxious about your lives as to what you will eat or what you will drink, or about your bodies as to what you will wear. Does not life mean more than food and the body than clothing? Observe intently the birds of heaven; they do not sow seed or reap or gather into storehouses, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth more than they are? Who of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his life span?

"Also, why are you anxious about clothing? Take a lesson from the lilies of the field, how they grow; they do not toil, nor do they spin; but I tell you that not even Solʹo·mon in all his glory was arrayed as one of these. Now if this is how God clothes the vegetation of the field that is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much rather clothe you, you with little faith?

"So never be anxious and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or, ‘What are we to drink?’ or, ‘What are we to wear?’ For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. Your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

“Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and his righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you. So never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Each day has enough of its own troubles."

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter

• Dear Sluggo, what that meant

is that to be truly content

one must live under God's tent.

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter