Russian coup already underway and "impossible to stop"

• Official Post

I hope so!

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/puti…sible-stop-104151388.html

LOL. These Ukrainians are really something. Massive balls.

Russian military power a "myth" - just a "horde of people with weapons"

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/14…lready-underway-16642865/

Major General Kyrylo Budanov, 36, said he is ‘optimistic’ defeat will spell the end for the Russian president, with ‘the breaking point’ in the conflict coming in the late summer.

Speaking to Sky News, he said: ‘Most of the active combat will have finished by the end of this year. It will eventually lead to the change of leadership of the Russian Federation.

‘This process has already been launched. As a result, we will renew Ukrainian power in all out territories.’

General Budanov’s comments are the most confident appraisal given by a Ukrainian official since the beginning of the conflict on February 24.

Rubbishing the perception of Russia as posing a ‘big threat’, he dismissed the army as ‘a horde of people with weapons’ and said ‘this highly publicised Russian power is a myth’.

• We'll see. Ukrainian summers are hot and dry, so perhaps there will be more maneuver warfare from the Russians... If they get their shit together. Pretty sure they are spending this time analyzing and trying to figure out how it all went so wrong, and how to fix it.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• We'll see. Ukrainian summers are hot and dry, so perhaps there will be more maneuver warfare from the Russians... If they get their shit together. Pretty sure they are spending this time analyzing and trying to figure out how it all went so wrong, and how to fix it.

There might be more maneuver warfare from the Russians but there are reports that the Ukrainian army has more tanks today than when the conflict started.

I hope the Ukrainians win and I hope they get the Crimea back as well.

• I'm pretty confident that's true. They got more than 200 T-72s from the poles alone. However, the Russian Army has so far only committed their "professional" forces, not their conscripts or reserves. If Putin declares war (not just a "special operation") he gains access to 2,800 active tanks with 16,000 tanks in reserve.

We'll see. History has not been kind to militaries underestimating the Russian Army.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• The thing I thought was really funny is how the Ukrainians called the Russian invaders "Orcs" and how they taunt Russia with jokes about their losses. Like the one where they said the Russian shipped has joined the submarine force. lol.

I like the Ukrainian peoples attitude as a whole when it comes to the Russian invasion.

Farmers towing off untended armored vehicles with tractors.

Ukrainian women scolding Russian soldiers in face to face confrontations and telling them to go home.

Men on an island telling a Russian ship to go fuck itself when an unconditional surrender was demanded. They even turned up the volume/power on their end to ensure the Russians could hear them.

The Ghost of Kyiv was likely real, he was a Lt Colonel or a Colonel (I forget which exactly) that came out of retirement to fight. He had 7 kills before a Russian SA-400 killed him.

• I'm pretty confident that's true. They got more than 200 T-72s from the poles alone. However, the Russian Army has so far only committed their "professional" forces, not their conscripts or reserves. If Putin declares war (not just a "special operation") he gains access to 2,800 active tanks with 16,000 tanks in reserve.

We'll see. History has not been kind to militaries underestimating the Russian Army.

Has the Russian army ever been more inept than it is today?

Multiple sources cite morale as a serious issue with the Russian forces. Claims are made that the Russian troops are underfed, poorly trained and poorly led resulting in instances of fratricide.

The Ukrainians are outnumbered and yet they are still winning nearly every battle. They probably aren't outgunned anymore considering all the help other countries have given them.

In the past, Napoleon and Hitler both damn near had the Russians beaten on their own soil. I think the key here is that the fighting was occuring in Mother Russia, Mother Russia was threatened and the Russian people fought back.

Mother Russia isn't threatened by the fighting in Ukraine even though Poot'en would have you believe otherwise. I think this could prove to be a deciding factor in the war.

• Putin and most Russians consider Ukraine a part of Russia, and historically that's true. For the better part of a millennium, Ukraine has been a part of Russia. Putin is trying to turn back the clock, and most Russians agree with him on that. The problems the Russian Army has with morale are due to operational issues like logistics and inept leadership, not the Russian soldiers' lack of will to fight over Ukraine.

In the few instances of fratricide we know of, the soldiers did not murder their officers because they did not want to be there, but because those officers failed to lead them to victory.

My understanding is they had around 2800 tanks in active duty and about 12k in reserves. They have lost about 1/3rd of their tanks and APCs from the active duty forces and the reserve tanks are mostly junk that has been rotting in fields since the 1990's. They have been coercing reserves to sign up but with limited success. I don't think the Russian army has much left in it's ability to project force in the next few months. They have been losing ground in Karkiv and now have some of their supply lines to Izium threatened. So, unless they start pulling miracles out of their hats, it looks like they may well be near their limits.