Another crappy DCS thread

• Interesting.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I was wondering why my plane acted all wonky right on takeoff, until I watched a couple videos. heh

Takeoff practice in the 109k-4

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Can't remember if I ever succeeding at air refueling this bird. Can't look at the probe like I was doing. Have to learn where it is without looking. Will take some practice.

• Think I'll practice up on air refueling in every aircraft and make a music video based on that. Maybe some sitar music, The Zen of Air Refueling.

Become one with the aircraft, anticipating its every motion through time and space.

Ommmmmmmmm

;)

• External Content youtu.be

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• It works in preparing my resident drogue for my extended probe.

She hears zen music and she reacts in a pavlovian trance.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• Watched a video on cues to watch and it helped a lot.

• Just started the trial on the Mossie. Not a good start, stay tuned.

• Official Post

"Keep the Earth in the window!"

This morning your post made me look up Apollo 13 while I was getting ready for work.

I knew most of the story but my curiosity got to me and I was wondering how cold that module got due to the fact that they had conserve so much energy.

Those guys spent about 5 days in the dark and temperatures of about 49 to 59°. That must have been absolute hell. And all the while knowing that they may not make it back.

The events that transpired equated to a miracle in my opinion. They were so screwed and they made it out through perseverance and a bunch of talented people working together to get those guys home.

• It's been 36 years since I read it. Gonna reread it starting tomorrow.

External Content www.youtube.com