Yet another crappy DCS thread

• I'll start a new one since we have a forum for that purpose.

How to call forth some randomness using Moose. Wait for HD to finish processing.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And one final video on Moose randomness. I know there aren't many interested in this here but I'll keep these Moose videos on my youtube channel indefinitely. I delete some of the older stuff but I'll forget how this works and need a refresher some day. I have 5 videos on Moose scripting now.

• Nothing I want I don't have but cool video.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Made this for someone learning the concepts of ACM. Nothing new for anyone with years of Airwarrior, Warbirds, or Aces High experience. Or the decade of combat flight sims before those. You might have no experience with jet fighter sim combat (may have to wait a few mins for the HD to process). We are here to help.

• External Content youtu.be

• Refreshed myself on the F-5 weapons with a Grim Reapers video. Here's what you need.

AIM-9P (rear aspect only)

AIM-9P5 (all aspect)

Weapons Release - Missiles

Gun Trigger - Guns

Dogfight/Resume Search Switch

Aft - Guns

Fwd - Missiles

Center press- clear lock

Caged/Uncaged - allow missile to track in boresight or also outside

Use the cockpit switches/dial to select the stations, master arm on/off, radar operate/standby, and missile tone volume

This is probably the easiest plane to fight with in DCS.

• A mere 30 years.

• Coulda used some help.

• Wanted to see what happened at the end there. Still not sure. I do have a tendency to kamakazi so maybe I did ram him.

• Elf and I flew a few 2 vs 4 missions. Uploading one now, will take a while. Here's an excerpt from one of the other missions.

• Elf and Iron kill some Migs. (HD may take a while to finish processing)

• So, the R-60M is also an IR missile and a lot more potent than the R-55.

• Landing the F-5E. (HD still processing)

• I'm not using VR. I had the CR1 Oculus long ago but was dissatisfied with the resolution for regular play. Then I got a Quest 2 and was dissatisfied with the small sweet spot. I may try again eventually. Every time the HP Reverb 2 goes on sale I am tempted. Those who adapt to VR say there's no going back.

• AI improvements.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I copied this from the end of that video. If you aren't familiar with one circle vs two circle fights know that two circle fights occur when both aircraft are turning the same way, that is both turning left or both turning right. One circle occurs when they are turning opposite.

Aircraft that should try to force one-circle fight:

F/A-18C

M-2000C

Su-27

F-14A

MiG-19

F-5E

Aircraft that should try to force two-circle fight:

F-16C

F-4E

MiG-15

MiG-21