My package sets off alarms at airports

• Official Post

Just got home yesterday from a little trip up to Sacramento to see my sister, her boyfriend and some friends that I've known for over 20 years but had not met before. It was really great and I had such a good time!

I flew out from LAX which isn't far from my home. When I passed through the scanner they directed me to go back into it again. The lady said that it was triggering for something in my groin area. They pulled me aside and the lady Asked me if I had anything down there. Lol. I said no. I got a brief Pat down and was on my way.

I thought, how in the hell is it triggering for something when I'm not wearing anything metal. I was practically naked with just a dress and underwear on.

On my flight back yesterday from Sacramento the same thing happened! Exactly the same thing.

When I got home I looked it up and apparently when you pass through those new scanners the people operating them press a button to select whether you are male or female based on the way you look. If you are a female the machine knows to look for a mass where your breasts are, for instance. There isn't supposed to be anything down in your groin area lol. Same thing for men. If you are a guy and you have big boobs it's going to trigger something being on your chest that's not supposed to be there.

They didn't embarrass me or Anything, and nothing happened beyond a quick Pat down.However I read that other trans women have been pulled Into private rooms to have their genitals searched. And when this one woman told the girls that are in the Room that she had a pene'us, they said that she would have to be searched by men. After I read that I'm taking this a lot more seriously! I would be mortified if that happened to me and some guy was checking me out down there.

But I'm home safe and I still have a headache from 2 days ago. I am not used to drinking and boy did they fill me up with drinks! Lol.

:blah

:boner

• Official Post

The first time I had to fly after living as a woman, I was terrified. I had to fly to Illinois to attend a 3 day orientation/training for a new job. In fact, this was the first time I was going to be at a job as a woman - and leading up to getting that job, I had to do video interviews as a woman. I went on a few in person interviews too.

That was only about two years ago. Looking back, I'm pretty amazed that I had the guts and the ability to get through all of that.

Now I have a job I love. I started about a year ago and now I am the lead technician with about 40 technicians under me. Today I am going to be n a web meeting with the VP of operations.

So not only am I making it as a woman, but I am doing really well. I'm very happy!

To back up a little - I started m transition about 6 years ago. I hid the changes and only came out about three years ago, and I did drive Uber and Lyft as a woman back then.

But the flying thing was not so bad. It does make me nervous, but I really do not fly often. Two times in three years.