Arguments Against Abortion

• I'm very much pro-death, and my personal view is that abortion should be legal up to and including the 72nd trimester. We all know someone who should have been aborted as a teen...

However, Roe v. Wade was an example of legislating from the bench, and even Ginsburg thought it was a mistake. If Americans want abortion rights then they should make it an actual law through the democratic legislative process in Congress.

The group that wants to win will always beat the group that wants to be left alone.

• I'm very much pro-death, and my personal view is that abortion should be legal up to and including the 72nd trimester. We all know someone who should have been aborted as a teen...

However, Roe v. Wade was an example of legislating from the bench, and even Ginsburg thought it was a mistake. If Americans want abortion rights then they should make it an actual law through the democratic legislative process in Congress.

They had 50 years to codify it.

• They had 50 years to codify it.

Yes they did!

What I think we are seeing here is the genius of the Constitution. There are actions to be taken at a state level and others that should be on a federal level. To me its much like raising a house full of kids. There are rules for one or two and there are rules for the entire crowd.

Milo posted:
    It would appear the SC forgot about the 14th.

The Fourteenth Amendment’s guarantee that no State shall ‘deprive any person of life, liberty, or property without due process of law.”

Whether the idiot knows it or not, milo made my point for me. The Constitution, and Bill of Rights, guarantees every citizen the ability to make their voice heard at, some and often multiple levels no matter what state/county/town/neighborhood they live in. BUT, those same people have to make their voice heard just like every other citizen of this nation.

I agree with previous posts about when an abortion might be warranted. I would hate to find my family confronted with that reality. But I will NOT stand by quietly while someone else tries to make decisions that are going to determine an outcome in that situation without my input/consideration.