Yet another crappy DCS thread

• Because the "hat" on my axis moves with the throttle it changes the angle for left and right deflection. When moving the designator bracket up or down I tend to unintentionally add a little left or right to that. The large dead zone prevents that.

• I have mine on the mini-stick on the joystick. I'll set up the mini-stick on the throttle for the radar scans probably.

For the TDC I inverted the axis so that when I push up on the stick the designator moves up instead of down. I have the dead zone set at 90 atm but I'm going to play with that and see what's comfortable to use. So far though, these settings have destroyed my complaints in how fast it moved and my inability to stop on my targets so I can lock them.

• Nice little free mod, T-45 trainer, multicrew capable apparently.

"That runway looks kinda short."

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Cool looking mod. Below that is my video on how to install it. Two crew in that plane. The rear seater is shooting the missiles.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(Still processing)

• The F-16I looks cool enough that I just might have to get the F-16 during the next sale.

The upside to that is owning the F-16 module will open up a significant number of options in DCS: Liberation campaigns.

• The F-16 is a fun module. Having played probably 20 games over the decades featuring the F-16 it was a must buy for me.

Including this one from a galaxy far far away.

• I'm practicing using the F-5's radar today. I did some remapping of my stick and updated my F-5 template I can't print it out yet though because the printer is out of black ink and the new cartridge hasn't made it here yet. HP Insta-Ink is being kinda slow this time.

• I didn't get any practice in using the F-5's radar due to the technical issues with the TrackIr software so I'll be doing that today instead.

I'll be using that mission we played a while back that had 4 MiG-21's violating Cyprus' airspace and our 2 F-5's intercepting. They'll make good targets since their skill levels are Ace, Trained x2 and Rookie, but they still have a pair of R-60M missiles each. This should be interesting. ;)

• Skip to 8:30 just to watch some relaxing scenes.

• Have a little MSFS 2020 video instead.