Things people do that annoy you.

• Nothing irritates me more than when people take 20 minutes at the cash register. Buy your shit and move on.. we don't have time for life stories and you had plenty of time to decide what you wanted. Just go!

Oh yeah that's a good one!

A couple of weeks ago I was in a drive-thru at McDonald's early in the morning. This black lady was in front of me and she was paying at the first window and just sitting there chatting with the girl in the window. I'm like what the fuck? I felt like honking but I didn't want to be a bitch. But man that pisses me off. It probably went on for 2 minutes, which is a long time when you're sitting there in a line. And then when I went up to the window where you get your food, she was there talking to that person too. Like what the fuck? Do people not have any fucking sense at all of other people's time? And I'm more blame the person working at the window for letting in that happen. But that really is fucking irritating!

• Nothing irritates me more than when people take 20 minutes at the cash register. Buy your shit and move on.. we don't have time for life stories and you had plenty of time to decide what you wanted. Just go!

If my choice is to get in line behind a woman at a self checkout with 5 items, or get in line behind someone at the regular checkout with a full cart of shit, I'll go for the regular checkout every fucking time. They shouldn't even LET women use self checkouts

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• My main weapon in avoiding motorcycle accidents (I've never had one involving another vehicle in 40 years of regular riding) is to assume that the other road users around you are going to do anything stupid that they can and ride defensively against these things. About the only thing I don't have a defense for is getting rear ended.

Every time I see some idiot on a bike sitting with his blinker on in the middle of a busy road waiting to make a left turn (right turn in Oz) I get my anxiety up. They're just begging to get creamed. Unless the road is wide open and I can just turn without stopping I will go past where I want to turn, make a right (left in Oz) so I can sit out of traffic and wait for a break to proceed.

At the stealership where I work there's a bar directly across the street and twice I've seen hardley riders (hardley guys seem to have the same mentality as cyclists) get asspacked while waiting to make a left into the bar. Luckily both times the car was able to almost come to a stop before impact. Invariably these would be the "I've been riding my whole life" types.

Also invariably, these "veteran riders" who have been bitching about "cages" not seeing them for the last forty years are fucking SHOCKED when one doesn't see them and hits them.

• Yeah, I would never sit stopped like that waiting to turn. People just don't know.

You can greatly reduce your chances of being wiped out by being smart, but then something totally outside of your control might happen. One time I was riding back from work through the desert on a two lane highway. Long road. When I got to a stop and took off again, my chain derailed and locked up the back tire at about 5 mph. If I would have been going faster it could have been bad.

A friend of mine was riding out in the desert foothills on new roads. No houses or anything, just the roads. They're always building out there. So he was doing about 70 and the bike went into a high speed wobble. Before he could blink he was on the ground, sliding at high speed.

After he got out of the hospital we went back to the scene in my car. We found the marks on the pavement from where the front and back tires began to have separate skid marks and drove all the way to the end where the bike caught on fire and burned into the road. Then we went back to time how long it took to drive that length at 60 mpg. It was a LONG ass time. he got chewed up., He had a full face helmet but somehow his wire framed glasses had been straightened out and were out there on the road.

One time I was on the freeway and a large board 9 or small log or something) flew out from a truck. I had no time to react and had to drive over it. That only scared the crap out of me. Somehow the bike went right over it and I didn't crash.

check this out. This was out here in Malibu

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Horrific moment Malibu motorcyclist is struck by flying truck in three-vehicle fatal crash: Driver of speeding stolen SUV dies in fiery collision.

A petrifying video from a motorcyclist stopped at a traffic light in Malibu, California showed footage of a pick-up truck flying into him after being slammed into by a black SUV.

The horrifying crash took place on November 14 and was a fatal incident for the driver of the black 2017 Lexus NC - a stolen car, according to the Los Angeles County police.

In the clip, the unidentified motorcyclist, who survived the crash, calmly waits to make a left turn off of the busy Pacific Coast Highway in southern California.

Traffic is moving at pace, but despite the many cars on the road, the black SUV speeds directly onto the highway from Kanan Dume Road, clipping a large gray pickup truck as he goes.

The truck, after being impacted, spins and flies onto its side directly into the motorcyclist as debris and materials from the truck are hurled out of the bed and onto the open road.

Somehow the motorcyclist survived the crash and was taken to the hospital. The pickup truck driver's condition is also unclear, but not believed to be fatal.

The driver of the Lexus, which had been stolen about an hour before the crash, did not survive the impact. The deceased's identity was not released by authorities.

The driver, traveling down at incline at a high speed, struck around six warning markers in the center median before slamming into the pickup truck.

The SUV then crashed into a 30-foot-high embankment and came to its final resting position upside down, said the Sheriff's Department.

As onlookers attempted to extract the driver from the SUV, it caught on fire and exploded. The driver was airlifted to a hospital.
    It is unclear if the driver died at the hospital or en rout

• Living in the sticks helps, for the most part. I haven't hit a deer yet, come close a few times. I've had visions of being impaled by an antler

• that would worry me wondering if a deer was going to jump through my windshield. just the other day I was reading a list of which animals kill the most people in the US each year. Sharks and snakes and stuff like that were at the bottom, with maybe 1 per year. Dogs were up high, but I think deer were close to number one with about 200 kills per year.

<edit> here's the list https://a-z-animals.com/blog/t…%20animals%20in%20America.

Wasps and bee #2, dogs #3, Livestock 4. Cows get 20 people a year.

• I almost hit a fucking buffalo once, like a mile from the house. farmer nearby owned ONE, not understanding the critical fact they are herd animals, and no fence is capable of keeping them from looking for their herd

• Had a moose trying to out run my truck/camper/towing boat combo, at an angle trying to jump out in front of us. I stomped on the gas (I was doing 55, moose was running from a predator at 40 mph) and "out ran" his decision to jump in front of me. She grazed the boat on the trailer just enough to make it fishtail. No damage.

These 6.7L diesels go from 0-60 in 6.8 seconds. And I hit 75 in about 2 seconds from 55mph