Production and Recording

• Kinda seems like the guy was just drawn to the loudest mixes... My fav ended up being the Abbey Road...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I listened on my speakers and this guy is an idiot.

He goes right to the worst sounding example as his favorite.

His testing and presentation methods suck ass too. He just flips around between them all, drags them to different orders and you have no idea which one he's listening to at any given time. Well, I can see the waves - so I kind of know, but this guy is a joker. He doesn't even play the same section back to back so we can really compare.

The one he likes has a waveform that's just chopped off through most of the song. That's just crap. Brickwall limited.

He even looks like a queer dope.

"I had my assistant send these off so I could listen blind" Eat shit fuckwad

That's my review.

• This is a drum mix from the other night. Just levels, EQ and some light compression on the kick and snare so far.

This drums mics are:

Kick in

Kick out

snare top

snare bottom ( I didn't use)

little snare- distorted

rack tom

floor tom

figure 8 room

mono room

stereo room

maracas

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• this is very interesting to me. How much the analog gear added to the mix. A lot! And they didn't really make and big moves on anything. I'm thinking of looking into this guy for mastering.

• I have to admit, I got a little chill when he walked up to the door...

• I have to admit, I got a little chill when he walked up to the door...

Really cool!

It always amazes me how small the building looks from the front side - and it's so massive inside.

• this is very interesting to me. How much the analog gear added to the mix. A lot! And they didn't really make and big moves on anything. I'm thinking of looking into this guy for mastering.

By the way, I've been watching this guy's channel (White Sea Studio) for at least a year. He gives absolutely unbiased reviews on plugins and hardware. He's very intelligent and knowledgeable.

I'm trying to figure how he gets all his money though. He's got some insanely expensive gear and speakers.

• Found this project from 2018. It's something Tim came up with and I just jammed to it on guitar. I like it though. I'd like to develop this one at some point.

I was looking for the original project for Million Miles Away - sometimes I name projects generic names because I have no lyrics or a name yet, and that makes it really hard to find them later. Basically it makes me open up a bunch of projects just to hear what's in them in trying to find what I'm looking for.

It's also cool though, because lots of the songs I don't even remember.

Anyway. This is basically a jam - trying to figure out a guitar part

• Yesterday I cleared my yard of weeds that were taller than me. They sprung up literally withing a couple of weeks. Nasty, THICK things.

Took a shower, a nap and then got 90% of the new song (Million Miles done)

I cleaned up some tracks, added a bridge, followed by a lead an into the last choruses. All it needs is an outro and a lead guitar part. Then I ship it off to Tim and he can do his bass. After that we're just going to release it and start another.

The next few songs should go quickly too. They're also mostly written. Some of mine and some of Tim's.

This is fun. We decided not to fuss much over anything and just get them done and released.

• Found this short guitar riff I did a few years back. This is from when I had the Orange amp head and a Marshal cabinet. So I miked this with two mics.

I'm playing through a Digitech pitch shift whammy pedal. I'm not as good as the turd in Rage, but I can dream

I don't know if I can remember how to play it but hearing this makes me wish I still had that pedal

• Tonight I get to work again on the song we have nearly completed. I can stay up late Friday and work Saturday and Sunday.

So in a little while I'm going to make some coffee and then get at it.

The song is pretty much done, but I just have to come up with a lead and ending parts.

I spoke with my friend Travis the other day. Well we texted. That guy is so busy it's incredible. He's going on tours, doing Nashville live band recording sessions, his own recording sessions at his on studio, and then managing some of his properties. I don't know how he has the mental energy for all the things he's doing.

He did a tour last fall with Todd rundgren and it was a show where they did all David Bowie songs or something.

Even if I had his talent I don't think I could keep up with what he does.