Gear thread

• This is the next thing that I'm lusting after.

Some people think it's a baritone guitar but it's actually a bass

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• John Lennon plays one on Let it Be. In fact, any time Paul was playing piano either John or George was playing one.

I know it's on several of their songs. The one where it sounded pretty cool is on while my guitar gently weeps. And I think heldra skelter, honey pie and several others.

What a great idea for a bass though.

Seems like a really versatile thing to have

• All the guitar youtubers got one of these and released their vids today.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Fender is blowing away Gibson, and everybody else, with all of their new guitars and gear. They definitely got the cool factor going on. They're doing everything right.

Their product line is awesome. Great price points and really cool model selections an outstanding build quality even on their lower models.

The made in Mexico stuff can arguably be as good as the American stuff. I mean not really, but close. The only difference would be some of the hardware and the tuners and things that make it just over the top to have an american-made one, but as a playable great sounding guitar that made of Mexico guitars are really fucking great.

Right now I'm inspecting my telecaster I got a couple weeks ago. The intonation on the sixth string won't set exactly right. Just the one string, and only on the 12th fret. The intonation on the other frets is fine. So it's got to be the fret.

I'm looking at it and I think it's just the fret looks like it's a little tiny bit flat. I might get a fret job on it. Not new frets but have them rounded and polished. But really I can't even hear the difference. It's probably not even worth doing. I will say that my American made strat plays better than anything I've ever played. It's just perfect right out of the box.

But this fender pedal thing. It's funny because I was just looking at this today on the internet. On Fender's website I think. I glanced at it but didn't really bother looking too much into it. But it looks really cool and it sounds great.

What I like about it right away is that it's a touch screen and the menus are easy to get through.

My Helix is great but the menus are a pain in the ass to get through. I don't like trudging through menus. This fender one seems like you can get right to where you want to go quickly.

• The Fender pedal is a direct rip on this (I think). Coincidentally, Neural just dropped the price to match that of the Fender. The Fender has a LOT brand recognition so They'll probably put Neural out of business (or buy them)...

External Content www.youtube.com

All Government is Organized Crime.

• The Fender pedal is a direct rip on this (I think). Coincidentally, Neural just dropped the price to match that of the Fender. The Fender has a LOT brand recognition so They'll probably put Neural out of business (or buy them)...

That thing is laid out very much like my Helix

Where I think Fender has it by the nuts is the foot switches having little screen labels that change depending on what mode you have it in. That alone would be a big selling point for me.

• It looks like the fender menu is a lot better.

The other one does sampling. Or not sampling but IR models so you can do your own. Does the fender do that?

If those are like $1,600 each then I would pass. I already have the Helix. But they are both cool. I like the fender because of the menu and the better touch screen. At least an appearances.

They both have a smaller footprint than the Helix too. But the Helix does a ton more things I think. Including the built-in pedal

I just ordered an digital cable so I can hook my Helix back up directly to my RME interface. Rather than going through a guitar chord. I want to start using this thing more.

• Fuck, I didn't realize the Quad Cortex was that expensive. You could buy a really nice amp and guitar with a few pedals for that sort of money.

It looks to be about the same price as the Helix.

The thing is with the Helix or with this quad cortex or the fender, it really can replace an amplifier and speaker cabinet. Especially for recording. The plug this thing directly in and record with it and you've got really any sound you want with the advantage that you don't have to mic anything and you can actually hear the sound through the speakers as you're doing it right sitting in front of the speakers.

And for a live system you've got absolutely everything you could ever want. Especially with the helix and all the routing that it can do. You can use a combination of a real amp, have no amp at all, use monitors use both, and it's just incredible amount of versatility with very little weight to lug around.

And I don't care what anybody says you cannot tell a difference between a real amp miced and for sure a helix. I've seen blind tests and there's absolutely no way that you can tell the difference.