Marshall Amps

• I never thought I'd dig a Marshall like this. I never use reverb so that's not an issue but if I did I'd just use one of these...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Dyl has one and it's really good.

• Haven't seen one in the wild yet but the message boards seem to like them. So far, they seem to be reliable. Which is the main feature most folks desire when dropping Marshall or better money.

I'm pretty much a DSL/G12-75 guy myself. But many years ago I found 10" speakers, applied liberally, are the sweet spot. It just depends on the room. Sound guys freak when they see the Sunns. But they typically comment positively on their performance.

• Just a single geenback in mine. I had a DSL20HR that I HATED. If you're into high gain I can see the appeal, but I like my tone right on the edge of breakup, just a little cleaner than Angus Young. Part of the problem may have been the 1964A 4x10 cab I was using... I put it up in the local music shop and it was gone within a week... so somebody liked it. This is a single channel that takes pedals VERY well. "Straight into the amp" guys might find it a little tame. When I first plugged in (using a 1x15 cab I use for my Fender Super Champ [another GREAT overlooked amp]), I was SHOCKED by how much I liked it, right off the bat... not the kind of tone one would expect from a Marshall...

This is a long video but Rabea's reaction to this unexpected tone is obvious. I would add that the reason I went with the Origin20 head over the combo is that the combo only has a 10 inch speaker; you've got to go with the Origin50 combo to get the 12 in speaker. Pairing the 20 watt head with a single 12 cab REALLY enlarges the tone without making it uncontrollably LOUD (20 watts is PLENTY to compete with an energetic drummer and bassist)...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• Yeah well,

Speakers may be the most influential of all the components one can commonly change out on an amp. Most of the other mods can only be appreciated in an "A/B" situation....at least for me.

Bought a Peavey head some time ago and threw it on a cheap jensen loaded cab for the rehearsal room...ehh...at least it was plenty loud. Then I stumbled upon the matching Sheffield cab...then another...now it's a slightly peaveyish 800. Even has a 6db. footswitchable boost...for under $600.

As happy as I am with the 1960s, the texture of a 610 just seems to feel right. Using both is just terminally self indulgent. But one can always hope. It'd be fun to wire up a wall of sound and go seismic.