Hamas Israeli war

• https://www.npr.org/2023/10/08/1204539821/israel-trying-to-regain-full-control-of-its-territory-day-after-hamas-attack

The "Palestinian Ministry of Health"

The Palestinian Ministry of Health reported that 413 Palestinians have been killed, including 78 children and 41 women. Around 2,300 have been injured. "Where are the international community's responses to this?" the ministry said Sunday. Seven Palestinians were also reported killed in the West Bank.

The correct response is it seems like a good start.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• The Palestinian Ministry of Health reported that 413 Palestinians have been killed, including 78 children and 41 women. Around 2,300 have been injured. "Where are the international community's responses to this?"

This kind of double standard boggles my mind, even after all the crap with my ex, I just can't wrap my head around this level of hate for another people. How can you whine and complain about your people dying when your people caused more harm than this to another people?

When your people deliberately kill innocents then you don't get to complain about your women and children getting caught in the crossfire.

• Hey Rabit, have you seen any vids/footage of Hamas fighters clearing Israeli structures room to room? Heard the media blather on about how pro they were at this, but I can't find anything to judge that myself.

I have seen a bunch. "Pro" would be a stretch. Most vids range from aloha snackbar to actually using cover and sights. Basically the stuff you would expect to see at boot camp before doing any MOUT. Whenever I hear a media "expert" say something, it's rarely expert. I'll try to post up some as I come across them. There is just a shit ton of stuff being posted, like 100 pages per day, that it would be almost a full time job consolidating and copy/pasting. I can't do much more than skim and post highlights here.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Good thing we gave them $6 billion, as Trump predicted they used it to kill Jews

Ragheads and Russians are very good at killing women and children

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• Good thing we gave them $6 billion, as Trump predicted they used it to kill Jews

Ragheads and Russians are very good at killing women and children

Allegedly we have not given them the 6 B yet but even Ray Charles would have seen that any funds we give them will be used to sponsor terrorism.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• NYT

39 minutes ago

Once Israel has regained full control of its territory in the south, the military will move to the next phase, which Lt. Col. Richard Hecht, a military spokesman, said would involve more than the usual tit-for-tat cross-border rocket fire into Israel and Israeli air strikes in Gaza. "We are in a different game here," he said. "We are at war with Hamas."

56 minutes ago

Israeli forces on Monday were still fighting to repel armed Hamas militants from several residential communities along the Gaza border, according to Lt. Col. Richard Hecht, a spokesman for the military. Briefing reporters, Colonel Hecht said there was still one Israeli family being held hostage in a border village. "We are still fighting. We thought by this morning we'd be in a better place," he said.

Colonel Hecht said that the Israeli military was using special forces to try to dislodge the militants from a complicated civilian area. And he added that all the breach points in the border fence had not yet been fully closed and more militants could still be crossing into Israeli territory from Gaza.

2 hours ago

Senator Chuck Schumer, the majority leader, says he told the U.S. military to give Israel "everything they need" after being briefed by senior national security and State Department officials. The Democrat from New York said that he expects the number of Americans who have been killed in the attacks to rise, and that the Biden administration plans to keep a close eye on Iran to make sure the fighting does not expand.

Several American citizens were killed and injured in Israel, a National Security Council spokesman who spoke on condition of anonymity confirmed on Sunday evening. The spokesperson, who wasn't authorized to speak publicly, said officials continued to monitor the situation closely.

On Sunday morning, Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken told CBS News that the State Department was also aware of unconfirmed reports of American citizens taken hostage by Hamas. The agency was working to "find out if those reports are accurate," he said.

France's foreign ministry said a French woman had died in Israel following Hamas' assault, but it did not elaborate on the circumstances. There were still French citizens unaccounted for on Sunday, the ministry said, but it did not provide further information.

Two Thai nationals were killed, Thailand's prime minister, Srettha Thavisin, said on Sunday. The Foreign Ministry of Thailand said that Hamas took 11 Thai citizens hostage.

Two citizens of Ukraine were among those killed in Israel, President Volodymyr Zelensky confirmed on Sunday.

Two Mexican nationals were believed to be among the hostages taken by Hamas, Mexico's foreign minister, Alicia B rcena, said on X, formerly known as Twitter.

At least four Nepali students who were studying in southern Israel, near Gaza, were injured, Nepal's foreign minister, Narayan Prakash Saud, said on X. The status of additional 11 students was unclear.

The Israeli Embassy in London confirmed that two British citizens Dan Darlington and Jake Marlowe were missing. The embassy also confirmed that Nathanael Young, a British man serving in the Israeli military, was killed on the Gaza border on Saturday.

German-Israeli citizen Shani Louk was abducted by Hamas militants while attending an open-air music festival, German officials said.

• Times of Israel

26 minutes ago

Fighting between Israeli forces and Hamas terrorists is ongoing in seven to eight locations around the Gaza Strip inside Israel, the army now says.

"We're still fighting. There are between seven to eight open places around Gaza (where) we have still warriors fighting terrorists," military spokesman Richard Hecht tells reporters.

"We thought by yesterday we would have full control," he says. "I hope we will by the end of the day."

15 minutes ago

Israeli forces engage in a shootout with several Hamas terrorists at a municipal swimming pool in Sderot, according to media reports.

The reports say there are several Israeli casualties, and the terrorists have been killed.

At the same time, reports say fears of a hostage situation seem to have been dispelled.

4 minutes ago

Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich calls on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and senior opposition figure MK Benny Gantz, a former IDF chief of staff and defense minister, to immediately form an emergency government to manage the war.

The statement comes after a televised address by Gantz last night, in which he said he had told the prime minister on Saturday that he would be willing to join the government "with the intention of establishing a war cabinet that will direct the battlefront against Gaza and other fronts."

"Unity and cohesion are the imperative of the hour in order to defeat our enemies," Smotrich says in a statement. "Never mind [negotiation] teams, and never mind negotiations."

Opposition Yisrael Beytenu party chief Avigdor Liberman also said Sunday he would join the current government. But he conditioned his support on Netanyahu, Defense Minister Yoav Gallant, and IDF Chief of Staff Herzi Halevi publicly announcing that the government intends to "eliminate the Hamas terror organization and all its terrorist leaders" and will not suffice with anything less.

National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir, Netanyahu's second senior far-right partner, echoes Liberman's conditions, saying in a statement this morning, saying he will agree to a unity government only if its "stated goal is the total defeat of Hamas and the shattering of its military and political might."

• Transcript from one of the festival survivors about what happened:

"I was there at the festival, there were rockets so people got nervous and everyone started to leave,

We drove towards the main road, where we saw many cars standing in what looked like a traffic jam, at the… https://t.co/X10iuJWkmt

Yam Peleg (@Yampeleg) October 9, 2023

"I was there at the festival, there were rockets so people got nervous and everyone started to leave,
    We drove towards the main road, where we saw many cars standing in what looked like a traffic jam, at the end there were policemen and soldiers forming a roadblock and blocking the road.

This was not a police checkpoint, these were terrorists impersonators. They waited until there were a lot of people standing in traffic then pulled out a machine-gun and started spraying the cars with bullets, at least 300 dead. 300 people gone, what they say on the news is wrong.

We were the last car, so we drove reverse.

We took two bullets to the windshield, a bullet penetrated Lior in the shoulder and I was injured by broken glass in my hands.

We managed to get away from them with the car barely working, we opened waze and Lior told me "I served here, let's go to the military base: Gaza division."

Driving towards the division's base, we were sure that we will be safe there.

But they already raided this base at night and killed all the soldiers of the base in their beds, by then they had already taken over the base.

We arrived at the gate with the car all broken.

I saw at the gate's entrance what I was sure were soldiers but actually were 13 terrorists standing ready in crouch position with AK47s and M16s looking at us from a range of about 20 meters then started spraying the hell out of our car.

We were shot all over, all the door were holes, a bullet hit me in the head, tore a part of my head off. Evyatar took a bullet in the pelvis, Lior to the shoulder.

We're all in blood, they threw a grenade at us, suddenly I didn't hear anything, looking to the right, to the left shouting, "Lior get out".

I garbed Lior and got out of the car, we started running and they kept shooting at us, I heard the bullets pass near my head and kept taking shots near my legs, I still have shrapnel in my legs from the bullets.

We ran and saw the fence of the base, it was about three meters high, we jumped over it through the barbed wire, all my hands were cut.

They kept shooting at us, but not a single bullet hit us, they didn't manage to hit us somehow.

We kept running, and hid there in the snipers' bunker, We were there for about 3-4 hours, without water, bleeding, I made myself a tourniquet, Lior also made a tourniquet.

We were sure the rest were already dead behind, I didn't look back.

Then a team of Shayetet 13 (Israeli navy seals) arrived at the base, and real war started inside, some additional 30-40 soldiers were gone.

I heard the screams of death, pull back, pull back, death, they were shooting RPGs at each other, right in the middle of the war we were.

We finally went out to them, we were afraid that our soldiers would shoot at us because we looked like terrorists with shirts wrapped around our heads.

We left with our hands up, I told them not to shoot that we are Israeli.

They told us to lie on the floor and questioned us, checking that we were Israelis, I told him our names and that we were wounded.

At the end a helicopter came to rescue some

wounded soldiers, I grabbed the soldier by the hands and looked him in the eyes, I told him "My brother I have a little girl at home and a family, you are taking me with you in that helicopter". He looked and me and told me "yalla" (come on), "cooperate".

So we started to cooperate, lifting injured soldiers on my shoulders, Lior helped lifting the stretcher to the helicopter, trying to save people as much as possible,

People were screaming to hold on tight, and don't die in my hands, it was like a movie.

He took us at the end,

Thank god now we are recovering."