Time for a bike

• It's fun watching the Harley guys trying to take their wave back after they realize their Foe Paw. I don't let them though... I reach out and snatch that fucker right out of mid air and vigorously and with much enthusiasm return the gesture.

No offense, and I know I'm painting with a broad brush here... but Harley guys have been known to be assholes.

• Didn't really want to get into that whole partisan deal. Reeks of insecurity if you ask me....which nobody has...yet.

I had actually planned on a big jap bike at first. Well, after dismissing the Rocket 3. The pickin's were pretty slim and Harleys are everywhere. Much easier to pick your poison. Add in parts availability and aftermarket options..

Now I gotta remember the wave. Just like driving jeeps.

• Didn't really want to get into that whole partisan deal. Reeks of insecurity if you ask me....which nobody has...yet.

I had actually planned on a big jap bike at first. Well, after dismissing the Rocket 3. The pickin's were pretty slim and Harleys are everywhere. Much easier to pick your poison. Add in parts availability and aftermarket options..

It usta be the opposite... Jap bikes EVERWHERE and Harleys expensive and scarce. I was looking at bikes on marketplace the other day and I was shocked at how cheap Harleys have gotten

All Government is Organized Crime.

• Hmmm,

Not sure, actually. It seems fair for 17k miles but I don't really know the market. Especially since those are pretty rare themselves.

I kept my search in a pretty narrow range. Nothing seemed real pricey. Even the beemers were pretty affordable.

But this being an hour out of Milwaukee..there's 3 guys less than 20 minutes from me that sell nothing but HD.

I found mine at a dealer and I banked on their heavy inventory and experience with the brand.

My first choice was a big Yamaha bagger but of the 2 I managed to find, neither was in the condition of the Ultra....it even has a center stand. The one benefit of midwest bikes is most are garage kept and the fancy ones typically get really good maintenance. I couldn't find a scratch, chip, or spot of touch up paint anywhere. And it was substantially less than that v-rod.

• I wouldn't mind having a V-Rod, cool fucking bike, pity. The Harley purists didn't take to them, and the jap bike contingent that rides Harley copies didn't take to them EITHER.

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

Barb has ridden bikes most of her life and is used to the wave thing...(daughter recently started riding, she thinks it's hysterical). When we bought Barb the Wrangler ... she found THOSE people wave TOO (she ALSO finds it hysterical)

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• Yeah well,

Down south, the folks on the 5 mile road I'm on wave to every vehicle or resident we pass. Usually just a 2 finger salute, but an acknowledgement just the same. Everyone gets a wave.

Only on our road.

As soon as we turn onto another, the waves cease....unless they're on a Harley, in a Jeep, or recognize you.

Kinda weird.