Good song thread and Band that no one knows about.

• I'm going to start with the Butterfly Effect.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is a guy that my SiL played football with in college. I set up a stereo for them and Cal says, "My buddy Joe has a record, want to hear it?" I reluctantly agreed (been there, done that). 30 seconds in and I'm fucking rivetted. I said, "Wow! He's pretty fucking good!" I try to sneak him onto the show every week (gotta try to not give the impression of playing favs). This was the first one that really grabbed me. Check out the Bonham triplet fills toward the end...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I spend about 10 - 15 hours a week prepping/sequencing my show and good part of that is in recon for talent. I came across these guys a month or so ago.. typically I listen to an intro... through to the first chorus then skip ahead to see of there's a bridge. If I'm compelled to listen straight through the first time it's going on the show. I listened to a song by them called Not The End.. long piece.. i felt it man. I ended up listening to the whole thing AND doing something I've NEVER done. I wrote them a fan letter requesting a dialog. I got an incredibly gracious reply the next day and a friend request on facebook. Jacob Betts.. "Betts.. Betts... Hmm. that's familiar.. I wonder.. holy crap!"

My wife used to work with Jacob's dad. they carpooled for quite some time. They were quite religious and i remember Jacob as an awkward, shy little chubster. his dad, Jerry got very sick and died.. He wasn't feeling well, went to the doctor, he was weak and dehydrated, they admitted him and the next day (as I remember) he was dead. My distinct memory at the time was... that poor kid.. he's at the exact worst age (is there a good age?) to deal with this and the ONE person he should lean on... is the dead guy. I suddenly understood WHY his music is SO effective: it comes from an earnestness, an honesty that cannot be faked. this kid is going to be big like Tay Tay.

The studio version. Man what a great soundstage...

• It might be that one of the reasonsfor your otherwise misused life is bump chubkins along.

Redeem yourself. Ask to be his manager. Fuck his mom.

Sheesh.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• This is a guy that my SiL played football with in college. I set up a stereo for them and Cal says, "My buddy Joe has a record, want to hear it?" I reluctantly agreed (been there, done that). 30 seconds in and I'm fucking rivetted. I said, "Wow! He's pretty fucking good!" I try to sneak him onto the show every week (gotta try to not give the impression of playing favs). This was the first one that really grabbed me. Check out the Bonham triplet fills toward the end...

That great!

A little bit of Black Crows and Zep in the vocals

• I'm unearthing lots of new/unknown bands I'm kinda liking A LOT through YT scrounging.

• External Content www.youtube.com

• External Content www.youtube.com

Hopefully the link embeds properly as this is my first attemp here.

Well this band I would describe as maybe sort of a cross between Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin. For 1971 their music was waaay ahead of their time. The whole album is good (in my opinion anyway) and one of kind. I have Cd's but I really want a clean copy of the 1st vinyl pressing. Hard to find though and the last one to sell was about $1600. I believe.

• We as a society should be ashamed of what we let happen to Layne Staley. He even told us how he was going to do it.. slow suicide.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• We as a society should be ashamed of what we let happen to Layne Staley. He even told us how he was going to do it.. slow suicide.

This is how I discovered Mark Lanegan's death. Nobody tells me anything!