Another crappy DCS thread

• Just looked it up, the Mig-21 has better than a 1 to 1 thrust to weight ratio, almost as much as the F-16. I've flown it a few times in DCS and more than once wondered if I'd forgotten to put fuel in it.

• Just took it for a spin. It is fun to fly. I think those loud booms are my landing gear. Looks like they went back up after I put them down for landing.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Someone show me how it's done.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Have read that they can run the burner for about 2 minutes before shutting it down to cool off and it uses 50% more fuel than military power. The overheat is not modeled in the game but the fuel consumption rate is.

• Elf is working on setting up a DCS server which he may or may not tell you guys about. ;)

I made this to help with setting up Remote Desktop Connection. Someone else may benefit.

• I have some work to do on learning how to script before that happens.

The first mission I'm setting up for the server is a brawl between the red and blue forces on the Syrian map. Red forces consist of MiG-19's and MiG-21's, blue forces are F-5E's and Mirage F1's.

Airfields are defended by a 15 gun AAA battery and 3 short range SAM batteries each in order to prevent AirWarrior/Aces High style field vulching. In order to prevent server lag due to AI hogging resources, air defenses will not activate until a 4 mile diameter trigger zone is breached, once the threat has been eliminated or has successfully retreated, the air defenses will deactivate.

So that players don't try SEAD missions, the only weapons available are IR missiles and cannon ammunition. This mission will be offered as an all-out brawl as opposed to a BVR dueling map and no aircraft can carry more than 2 missiles at a time.

I need to learn scripting so that when someone logs into the server they will have something to do besides wait for a 2nd person to log on and hopefully join the other team. For example, you log in and select the blue team and an F-5E or a Mirage F1 at Incirlik AB in Turdkey, a MiG-21/MiG-19 or two will spawn for you and fly a random/semi-random flight path looking for enemies to engage.

#goals

• Oh....I have a Gaming Logo made already for the server. I Googled for "how to create a free gaming logo" and found a site where I was able to create a logo that was aesthetically pleasing and represented the server name, JunkYard Dawgz.

I found out that while I can make the logo for free I have to pay $25 to download and use the damn thing. lol

I'll be paying for it on Friday.

• I made some videos using Moose a while back that might help you with spawning on events.