Gear thread

• I can't stand this guy's persona. Loud, long and stupid hair - like he's trying to be a fucking rocker dude. looks ridiculous. Can't stand him or his videos

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• another example of how much this guy sucks. Reviews a Chinese guitar that retails for $2900.00 and says it will "Annihilate" American builders.

He then yells, screams and then plays some lame shit on the guitar and proclaims it a 4.5 out of 5 or something.

Never says one fucking thing about the guitar other than "it looks cool"

I left some comments on his shit review video.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The irony of this bloke, he'll do a vid where he shoes how much difference one of his plug ins makes (fuck all) and says how great it is. Then rants about how pickups are all the same, does a demo and they make more difference than his plug ins.

• The irony of this bloke, he'll do a vid where he shoes how much difference one of his plug ins makes (fuck all) and says how great it is. Then rants about how pickups are all the same, does a demo and they make more difference than his plug ins.

I've since seen another video that he's done and saw the titles for a couple of more recently that he's made. But the one I'm talking about now, he explains that he kind of fell into guitar reviews. And that he took lessons recently so that he could play the guitars in his reviews.

So basically the guy doesn't know how to fucking play guitar. He's not a guitar player. So of course all he has to say in his reviews are. Wow! Look how cool this looks! This was a lot of fun. That's all he literally said about that guitar review.

And I see that he's done other Chinese guitar reviews where they send him the guitar to review and he basically just spouts off about how great it is.

And he has a bunch of videos about how American guitars suck. Lol!

I fucking hate this guy. He's an obnoxious, stupid cunt.

• And he said that the Chinese guitar prices were reasonable. I'm talking about the one he just reviewed. So I go on their website and they've got Chinese knockoff guitars starting for just about 800 bucks. How in the fuck is that reasonable for a Chinese pile of shit guitar that no one knows about?

In the comments I made to a stupid video, I pointed out that all he does is say how cool the guitar looks. I asked what about the electronics? The build quality? The pickups?

And then I responded to some other guy about something. But basically that I could spend less than $2,900 on an american-made fender and I know what I'm getting. I'm getting a fucking great guitar that will hold us value.

What are you getting with the Chinese piece of shit? You don't even know what kind of fucking pickups are in that thing.

Oh I remember. One guy said something about oh I would never buy something made in China and then points out that iPhones are made there.

Well there's a difference between manufactured in China and actually made and designed and made in China. A lot of American manufacturers have state-of-the-art plants in China. We're basically their produced in China. Manufactured. But they're American designs. Or German or British or whatever. But the factory is just making them to their standards.

Chinese fucking guitar manufacturers, or any Chinese manufacturer, you don't know what the fuck it is.

• I tried a Les Paul with p90s at guitar center (just before the pandemic) to see what the big deal was. They sounded fantastic. Not the prettiest pickups, but they do sound great. Tom Scholz has one in the neck position of his LP. I usually like a single coil there, but the p90 was better.

• I've asked a bunch of people why p90s aren't more popular and all I get are shrugs. They are susceptible to hum, but they seem to have the articulate tone of a single coil with the girth and breakup of a humbucker (best of both worlds). I'm either going to love this thing or my expectations will leave me underwhelmed. On a side-note, the neck my friend gave me is rough. The trussrod was bottomed out (no big deal, just add a washer or two) and it's got a bit of a twist. Not too bad but noticeable by eyeball. Someone added a brass nut, slotted seemingly to compensate (for the twist) and someone did a radical fret level (again to compensate for the twist), leaving very little fret at the first position on the low E side... I've got a nice Strat neck that will work too but I REALLY wanted to use this authentic original Jazzmaster neck...

All Government is Organized Crime.