IMUSA or Bialetti?

• My first wife's sister lived in Rowlette (sp?) You could literally see the Dallas skyline from their house. 50 mile round trip for a 6-pack. This is the image the bible thumpers want to remake the country into?

• Au contraire, mon Frère. That right there is a perfect example of local government. It's the people's right to choose drilled down to a lower (and possibly the lowest) level possible. That's how those people want their county. Don't like it? Drive a little farther.

You're right toad; there's asshole busybodies on both ends of the political spectrum who can't seem to mind their own fucking business.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• A lot of trained surveyors changed local government West of the Mississippi . Great Plains states have counties that are pretty square. Kansas is generally made up of counties that are 36x36 miles

That’s about as small of a unit of government area as you are likely to see. I think KS still has some dry counties to.

If that’s what those people want, I say go in peace,

Plenty of other counties to live in

• Au contraire, mon Frère. That right there is a perfect example of local government. It's the people's right to choose drilled down to a lower (and possibly the lowest) level possible. That's how those people want their county. Don't like it? Drive a little farther.

that's true. But the other BS thing I ran into was that I couldn't buy beer on Sunday.

Nanny state

Liquor sales are more stringently regulated. Liquor sales are prohibited 1) on Sundays, 2) on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day (and when Christmas and New Year's fall on a Sunday, the prohibition is carried over to the following Monday), and 3) before 10AM and after 9PM on any other day.[5] Furthermore, liquor can only be sold in "package stores", which must be closed whenever liquor sales are prohibited (even for sales of otherwise allowable products),[6] and which further must be physically separated from any other business.[7] Moreover, no owner can own more than 250 package stores,[8] and no publicly traded company can own such a store.[9]

Hotel bars can serve alcohol to registered guests at all hours.

• Texas has 196 partially dry counties and 5 completely dry counties. The Texas nanny state.

That's the bible thumper country part. In the purple burbs of counties and in the blue cities, there's a brewery on every corner, distilleries, cocktails to go, etc. The state repubs are corrupt and paid by AB Inbev via Silver Eagle Distribution to make sure the craft breweries can't be too successful though. You can buy beer on Sunday now too. Just not before noon, because Jesus.

• Any peculiarities from your personal desires aside, what is wrong with making decisions on these items at the lowest possible governmental level?

Who gives a shit if some county proscribes the sale of beer on Sunday? Are those who disagree so bereft of the ability to plan ahead that they can't buy their beer on Saturday? Or, worst case, drive 20 miles to the next county?

Damn...the people you want making the rules where you live are the ones you see in your local grocery/post office/gas station, etc. every damn day. That way you can buttonhole them and tell them what you want.

• These are STATE laws in Texas

FAQs

We want our FAQs to be your resource for the most commonly asked questions about the alcoholic beverage industry in Texas. Don’t see your question answered here or on one of our other FAQ pages? Contact us. 

These FAQs often refer to:

FAQs | TABC

On-premise license or permit (e.g., bar or restaurant):

• Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – midnight
    • Saturday: 7 a.m. – 1 a.m. (Sunday morning)
    • Sunday: Noon – midnight (10 a.m. – noon only with the service of food)
    • If the establishment is in a city or county legal for late hours and they have a late-hours permit, they can sell alcohol for on-premise consumption until 2 a.m. any night of the week.

Off-premise beer/wine license or permit (e.g., convenience store or grocery store):

• Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – midnight
    • Saturday: 7 a.m. – 1 a.m. (Sunday morning)
    • Sunday: 10 a.m. – midnight
    • A wine-only package store that holds a beer license may not sell wine containing more than 17% alcohol by volume on a Sunday or after 10 p.m. on any day.
    • A wine-only package store that does not hold a beer license must have the same hours of sale as a package store.

Liquor store (also known as package store):

• Monday – Saturday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
    • Closed on Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
    • If Christmas Day or New Year's Day falls on a Sunday, closed the following Monday.

• We have blue laws in our county. You can purchase coffee if you like

Just like you people that upsets the 13%ers who show up on weekends to foul up the slough with their four wheelers. They should drink coffee instead but don't.

Every now and again one has a fatal accident on their scooter. Other times one or two go missing in the swamp. Gators and such have a broad palate they don't mind dark meat. There is little to no cell reception in those areas. The locals really won't go out of their way to help.

You'd think they'd figure it out but they don't. Just like you people. This is the coffee thread.

• I think it's state law for no sales on Sunday, certain hours and certain holidays.

I don't care what they do - just saying that's on a state level. Nanny stuff.

Oh that EBILL Tejas! Those BASTARDS!!!!

Thank God Kalifornication has no state nanny stuff at all.

Oh...wait....I'm guessing Kalifornication has about 50x the nanny stuff that Tejas does.

It's all a matter of degree. I'm thinking out of the 50 states, Tejas would tend towards the lower end of nanny stuff and Kalifornication would tend towards the top.

But hey...plastic straws, amIright?

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet

Edited once, last by Toad ().

• Hey, I was only pointing out that it IS nanny state bullshit.

Plastic straws? Don't know what that is, but at no time do I ever not get a plastic straw anywhere.

I'll bet there's a lot a crazy, backward laws laws in Texas though.

For me - I really don't care. I was just pissed when I went there and thought those laws were ridiculous. And no one there seems to think it's even a strange thing.

I remember having beer in my cart at a grocery store and they looked at me like I was a criminal. It must have been Sunday, or outside of the nanny hours. Again - ridiculous, and especially for a "free" state like Texas

• Here in Virginia that's all done at the state level, all the liquor stores are run by the state. They all have pretty much the same stock, for better or worse. They started opening on Sunday about 10 years ago

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• It's a beautiful thing... Almost like a plan.. The lefty states incrementally outlaw the shit that lefties don't care about, righty tighties incrementally outlaw the shit that righty tighties don't care about. Eventually they'll pass each other like two ships in the night, we passengers waving at each other as we pass. We'll all get exactly what we want.

All Government is Organized Crime.