Band stuff

• The Douglas logo I think or the McDonald Douglas logo.

McDonnell

Not flying hamburgers.

Think you want the Lego Space logo.

LEGO Part 3298p90 Slope 33 3 x 2 with Classic Space Logo Pattern (Blue) |  iBricktoys: LEGO shop guide and database

Brauno in a previous life, followed by LTARget. E25280 on the Forum.

SWtarget in last AH in game incarnation.

"Proudly drawing fire so my brothers may pass unharmed."

Brauno in World of Tanks.

"What is, is. What was, will be. What will be, was, but will be again." - Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter

Edited once, last by SWTarget ().

• Tim sent me this mp3 he made from a 32 year old tape.

you can play this directly or download it.

By the way, you guys can upload and attach mp3s too

Lady Strange.mp3

Song I wrote 32 years ago. Recorded in one bedroom (band room) and mixed in my bedroom.

I double tracked the vocals. I came up with the guitar riff but had my friend Todd play it for the recording. I'm playing the accent stuff, like the harmonics and the dive stuff. my friend Scott is playing rhythm

Travis on drums. He was 17 here

The sound quality was pretty good, but this is from an old tape. I think my friend Todd still has a good copy of all of our demos

Was recorded on a Tascam 38 8-track (1/2" tape)

Mixed

• Thanks!

Here's another one that Tim sings and he came up with most of it. Another drum machine program job

This tape is un bad shape. Too bad because this used to sound really good.

Once we were at a party or something and the drummer from another band - who was kind of a dick and didn't give out compliments much, if ever said - Alan ( Local recording studio owner/producer) would kill to have his stuff sound as good as what we did in my bedroom.

Spirits and Ghosts.mp3

• My friend Tim and I talked yesterday after he posted some of that music that he found on a cassette.

He's going to upload more stuff. He said he has another tape and he described it as him and Travis and Scott and I being in the practice room. Or at least they were in that room, which was a extra bedroom I had at our house.

He said that they were talking about something and that in the background you could hear my cackling laugh and then I walked in the room or something.

And it's just a little things like that that I would love to hear.

Tim and I are both kind of amazed when we look back at how fast we wrote songs back then. Because we were all in the same room together. Well the three of us, not Travis.

But basically we had a drum machine on the floor playing the same beat. We would just change the tempo. And we would stand there with our guitars playing directly into a board. No amps even. We did it so that we could record everything I guess.

So we would stand around a microphone or maybe a couple microphones with the beat going and we just played and wrote songs right then and there and put them to tape and then recorded them with Travis later.

I mean the songs came shockingly fast.

When we got a drummer then we did the same thing with Travis. These songs just fell together like magic. That's the difference, to me, in writing with other people as opposed to by myself. People add little things that you would never think of and the whole thing just gels so quickly.

I wish that I could go live near Tim or go visit him for a couple months and just write a killer album. Being in the same room and bouncing off each other as we went. That was the best. I miss Scott. Scott was super talented. Came up with a lot of stuff.

Tim told me that he always felt like he was the weak link. He told me that yesterday and I was shocked. We were talking about our demo songs and he was saying that he hates his vocals and that he always felt like he didn't belong because Scott and I were so good.

It's all about perceptions. Because back then I was the one who felt like I was nothing compared to those guys. The least talented musician, the least experienced. They both had been in pretty popular local band before and I had never even been in a band before.

And I've always considered Tim to be super talented. A great musician. Really great bass player. And he tells me that he felt like he was kind of a hanger on. Couldn't believe it.

I mean I really felt that way about myself.

• Today I'm a lot quicker at writing songs believe it or not. Just not finishing them.

The other thing about back in the day was that we recorded stuff very fast. We didn't have a lot of equipment. We just micked everything up and added a couple of reverbs in the mix. Really just raw. But they got recorded quickly and and well and then we are off playing.

The energy level you have when you're 24 years old is a different thing too. I worked 6 days a week and then I would come home and have all the energy in the world to work on stuff late into the night if I wanted.

These days I'm lucky to be able to put an hour or two into something before I'm tired. Lol.

• This is our third song. The opening mix. Some things are not brought up in this mix yet. It's something like 36 tracks.

The lead guitar is not brought up yet. same with the backing vocals and some more guitars

So here's the guts of the mix that I did yesterday. This song had been competed for about a year - just needed to be mixed. I had the energy yesterday to start it.

Travis drumming. He's got some cool percussion and fills in this

Pictures of You.mp3

• This is hilarious!

Ween guitarist found out that Carlos Santana's gear was at a shipping depot in town before it was going to be shipped in a few hours to an appearance in New York.

So they went in there and basically broke into his gear, said it all up and recorded the solo to transdermal celebration with a portable hard disk recorder. And then took a bunch of pictures of him doing it too. Lol!

Then they got the hell out of there and never said anything until now. Hahaha!

They go there at 2:00 in the morning and do this.

Dean Ween Shares Amazing Story Of Using Santana's Gear
    Dean Ween shared a post on Facebook titled "My Best Ween Story" and he wasn't kidding.
    www.jambase.com