• TL;DR: Orban decided to become an authoritarian autocrat before sucking Putin’s cock. Carlson was introduced to Orban by his lobbyist father and now is Orban’s happy sock puppet.

Actually a long post well worth the read on Orban’s rise to power and his method of lies like Putin.

How Did Tucker Calrson Become a Russian TV Star?

Most first saw his plunge into the darkside on his show: “Why do I care … what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia?” the host said. “And I’m serious. Why do I care? Why shouldn’t I root for Russia, which I…
    Randy Mott (@randymot4) September 3, 2023

Click To View SpoilerHow Did Tucker Calrson Become a Russian TV Star?

Most first saw his plunge into the darkside on his show: “Why do I care … what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia?” the host said. “And I’m serious. Why do I care? Why shouldn’t I root for Russia, which I am?”

But Tucker's role of Russian apologist started much earlier, before the Russian invasion. No doubt through his father -who is a well-paid lobbyist for Hungary in DC - Tucker went to Hungary for several times, where he was suckered into the whole Viktor Orban narrative.

"The [father's] firm introduced the younger Mr. Carlson to the Hungarian ambassador, arranged an interview on Mr. Carlson’s show in 2019 with Hungary’s minister of foreign affairs and trade, and helped to arrange meetings with Hungarian officials for a Fox News producer who traveled to Budapest in 2019 to research Mr. Orban’s agenda."

onlysky.media/jpearce/carlso…

(1) Orban has launched a systematic effort to get his propaganda imposed on educational institutions and think-tanks in Hungary.

politico.eu/article/viktor…

(2) Orban did this by taking a series of measures to concentrate the power of his party by taking some short-cuts to bypass normal demcoratic checks and balances. He labelled his type of government "the illiberal state." American conservatives took this as anti-leftist, but it actually referred to his rejection of classic liberalism (political tradition that advocates free market and laissez-faire economics and civil liberties).

Orban "touted the idea of illiberal democracy, and suggested that Hungary needed to part with Western European “dogmas” — especially with the liberal notion that people “have the right to do anything that does not infringe on the freedom of the other party.”

journalofdemocracy.org/articles/expla…

aei.org/articles/vikto…

rferl.org/a/hungary-orba…

(3) Falsely claiming this nation was a pillar of Christianity, Orban has sought to mask his personal concentration of power as somehow connected to protection of Christianity (much like Putin has done).

This is totally bogus in that Hungary ranked among the bottom third of Europe in both church-attendance and self-identified Christian faith. But this narrative plays well with careless conservatives seeking self-validation. A Catholic newsletter diplomatically described Hungary as "a country where the statistics on Christian practice are not especially impressive." Only 9% of Hungarians go to church regularly and only 14% say religion is important to them (Pew Research).

catholicworldreport.com/2023/06/09/fai…

(4) The "illiberal state" also decided to nationalize the enegy sector, whereby cementing its dependence of Russia. "Hungary’s turn towards authoritarianism has opened the way to Russian interference. The country’s relationship with Ukraine has worsened significantly, to the point where Budapest sought to exclude Ukraine from participating at the 2018 NATO Summit in Brussels. Hungary’s government also refused to extradite two suspected Russian arms dealers, Vladimir Lyubishin Sr. and Vladimir Lyubishin Jr., to the United States on the basis of an existing extradition treaty. The two are suspected of organising arms shipment to Mexican drug cartels (including advanced missile systems) and of trafficking cocaine to the United States, where they could face a jail time of up to 25 years. Hungary’s Ministry of Justice decided instead to honour Russia’s extradition request, filed later, and flew the two individuals to Moscow." AEI, supra.

(5) Orban further got the infamous Kremlin bank to locate in Budapest, theInternational Investment Bank (IIB). See AEI supra.

(6) In mid-2022, Orban successful got the Heritage Foundation to Budapest and made a deal that established a relationship between Heritage and the Danube Institute, which he controls. Financial arrangements have not been disclosed, but have been alaleged to be very substantial. Ironically, Heritage's own Index of Economic Freedom, dropped Hungary by 14 places since 2010 with particularly alarming scores on measures of judicial effectiveness and government integrity (now 33th out of 44 in Europe to total).

onlysky.media/jpearce/carlso…

heritage.org/index/country/…

(7) Orban efforts to influence American conservatives went much further, as when he got CPAC to come to Budapest where he could brainwash a larger number of naiive American conservatives. Carlson remained, however, the titular head of Orban's American minions.

wsj.com/articles/will-…

newyorker.com/magazine/2022/…

(8) Orban was an early ally of Putin since the 2014 invasion, taking a path different from other EU members.

politico.eu/article/why-vl…

(8) When Russia llegally invaded Ukraine in gross violation of its guarantee of Ukraine borders in the Budapest agreement (the irony never stops), Orban was immediately their man in NATO and the EU. He called NATO allies that provided support "war mongers" and criticized sanctions, even while he got Hungary an exemption on Russian energy imports.

dw.com/en/the-cost-of…

dw.com/en/hungary-wha…

(9) Orban subsequently has adopted every Russian propagnda line, including that Ukraien cannot win (contradicted by the top experts and the developing facts from the battlefield), that sanctions against Russia were not workign at all (how is the ruble doing?), and that a cease fire is necessary to stop the bloodshed. Refuting Carlson involves debunking Orban who is calling these particular shots.

nairaland.com/7700398/there-…

(10) Like others, Orban ignores the fact that Russian has repeatedly agreed to Ukraine borders before its 2014 invasion and has use any break in hostilities to simply regroup and re-arm. He now is advocating a cease fire, so that Russia can at least keep land is illegally occupies from this round of attacks.

msn.com/en-us/news/wor…

(11) Tucker Carlson has enthusiastically picked up the same messaging without any hestitation, fact checking or investigation. There is no mystery where he is getting his input. He routinely has made false and misleading claims about Ukraine to build this Russian narrative.

twitter.com/randymot4/stat…

(12) This Hungarian position has caused a breakdown of relations with Poland, which actually is a strong Christian nations, resisted EU mass immigration policies, but happens to see Russia more realistically. This differnce highlights the real motives behind Orban's support for Russia. pm Morawiecki declared in July 2022: "I confirm Poland and Hungary have parted ways."

tvn24.pl/tvn24-news-in-…

vsquare.org/orban-kaczynsk…

(13) Like all naiive calls for "peace" that include Russian occupation, Carlson's comments neglect to consider what peace in Russian-occupied territory actually means to Ukrainians. Looting, rape, kidnapping children, torture, re-education camps and widespread murder of those still loyal to their own country.

atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainea…

(14) Ukraine has strenuously objected to Orban's overture seeking to force them to give up land and people to Russian occupation. Since they are the ones bearing the burden and it is their soveriegnty at stake, it seems fair that they should decide. Orban's fake concern for Ukrainian suffering notwithstanding.

eurointegration.com.ua/eng/news/2023/…

(15) Tucker Carlson has routinely slandered Ukraine, trying to build a justification for Russia's invasion or for abandoning Ukraine to the invaders. The claims are ridiculously superfiical and devoid of factual merit, but millions of Americans have taken them as an article of faith.

twitter.com/search?q=randy…

(16) All this propaganda from Tucker Carlson, Heritage and Hungary is intended to break US support for Ukraine to give Putin the hope of a win or a draw, keeping as much occupied territory as he can. It is all based of lies and misrepresentations which at some point cannot be taken as anything but deliberate.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

yeah, but did Tucker ask the guy if their balls touched? Makes a BIG difference

• You people have a holy moral obsession with what other people do with their genitals. It's an outrage that Obummer used his in a way that you don't approve.

Whether you like it or not, cheating on his wife is a scandal. If it were a Republican president or presidential candidate,that would have been on billboards and you know it.

• That is true. Rules are different for them than they are for you.

The corruption of the left is so deep that the only solution is to toss it into the composting pile.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• I doublt Mike really minds.

Notice how you deflect from the real issue? The issue isn't what his wife thinks, the issue is that it was buried by the press. Because it's a big scanal, and the press is in the bag for the Democrats.

Just like brainless Joe Biden gets a big pass. No criticism at all. No questions about his mental state. Just nothing. Everything's fine. Trump's the bad man put him in jail!

Fuck liberals.

• Notice how you deflect from the real issue? The issue isn't what his wife thinks, the issue is that it was buried by the press. Because it's a big scanal, and the press is in the bag for the Democrats.

Just like brainless Joe Biden gets a big pass. No criticism at all. No questions about his mental state. Just nothing. Everything's fine. Trump's the bad man put him in jail!

Fuck liberals.

It's not fair.

If Mike doesn't mind, what's the problem? How many minds will be changed by this groundbreaking news story?