Moscow - ask Boroda.

• Ask me here about living in a most technologically advanced city on this planet.

How can you survive earning $300 a month?

What apps do you need on your Android?

How do you contact with illegal immigrants?

Police - good or bad?

• I earn 50 000 rubles a month officially. We have a flat tax rate - so minus 13%. I own two flats, North and South-West center. I pay for communal service - about 12 000 for both, water (cold and hot), electricity and communications. 100megabit. People ask me why don't I lend one flat for rent, it should be another 50 000 at least - I just don't need it. I have enough.

Well, I earn more from "haltura", privately fixing PCs and all shit. 30+ years of experience, first time I got to the console was in 1986, I remember punch cards. Scientists get a discount.

• Is that flat tax a local thing, or nationwide?

Nationwide.

НДФЛ - Tax for physical persons.

There may be some tax exceptions like Far North - but generally it's 13%

We have some tax-free zones like Kaliningrad and some Republics in North Caucasus. You have to ask lawyers, not me, I am an engineer.

• There has been a movement to try that here. except that it would have been higher. (That said, you STILL would have to pay social security tax, which is rising to the point it matches income tax) The power of Congress to manipulate people's/company's behavior thru modification of the tax system is too alluring, it would never happen

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

Edited once, last by Beej ().

• We have a strong movement here for progressive taxation, they still fail :(

Well. I remember silly things. Like why Lennon, LZ and other musicians fled UK to US avoiding tax up to 75%. But it's not about me.

• We are taxed close to 50%. The illegitimate regime thinks this isn't enough.

They won't give up one basis point without force.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

Edited once, last by TheDolt ().

• I like the idea for this thread, Boroda! I was just thinking the other day about how cool it is that we have someone like you to learn from your perspective and to see how things are on the ground where you live.

I do have some questions.

What type of place do you live and what is the rent? Is the rent subsidized? I know Moscow can have some very expensive housing.

I would also like to know how you honestly feel about some of Putin's decrees since this war started. Like the one against calling the Ukraine invasion a war?

Do you have to worry about what you say online at all? Do you have any media or internet restrictions that bar you from certain apps or sites?

• Looks like I'm going to be making a government a bunch of tax money today, would rather have worked on the roof of the camper

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• 1) I own two flats, two and three bedroom apartments, brick houses both built in 1960. River Station at the North and University at South-West Center. Rent is about 7000 ($70) a month for each apartment. Not a rent, I mean - communal services. Water, central heating and electricity. People ask me why don't I lend one flat, it should give me hmmm 50 000, as much as I earn at Academy of Sciences. I have enough money and feel comfortably this way.

2) I have never voted for Putin. Seriously. What decrees do you mean? He have said all in Feb 2022. Your regime wants to kill us all, it's obvious. When American transgender spokesman for UAF says that Russians are not human - what do you expect? You have built UA where official policy is to kill all Russians. War - an interesting question. War means American way. Total demolition. I hope you understand we are able to wipe all out in a matter of hours without using nuclears. While we want to save our friends and relatives there. When we'll come to USSR borders - we won't have any limitations. And we didn't sell all Soviet weapons and ammunition for booze like ukes.

3) I always speak what I think. I keep my mouth shut when I am against a party line, but I don't communicate on the internet much. Here, WarBirds Freehost forum, sometimes FaceBook. FB is officially banned here. I use simple VPN that I don't want to name here. Hard to explain. I am a Soviet man and don't worry about what I speak. Don't bend a hat to anyone. But my country is at war with your "golden billion", so I have to mind what I say. Before 2022 I could afford screaming Fuck Putin! - now it's another time. Like I am a Communist, that is no good here now, but no one is going to do bad things to me while I don't wave hammer and sickle at Red square and do my job.

I hope it's enough for now, pls let me put my shoes on and go to a liquor store for a 24 pack of lager from Dresden, East Germany :)

• That's a great! Low cost living

I'd love to see pictures of your places sometime.