Time for a bike

• I entertained the Rocket 3 for a while. But unless you're going new, prospects are few and far between. But they are very cool.

But those Yamaha sport tourers...I forget the handle, sport 145 h.p. with a 1300 cc 4 cyl.

That's pretty cool too.

• New 2021 Harley-Davidson TRIKE TRI GLIDE ULTRA CLASSIC FLHTCUTG CHROME in Chandler ...

legs got wobbly and weak so I ride one of these now... had real nice 114 but kept droppin it... pissed me off...

enjoy the ride but way too cold now for my heart to keep me warm right now... damned agent orange...

very different feel to the ride though... still enjoyable all the same... but corners are very different...

• I imagine you've got to think them over more carefully. When I see them I'm reminded of that old top gear episode. I can't imagine the trikes are as top heavy as that car.

they do ride different and corners shift your cg... had to relearn to NOT lean with the bike as it don't lean...

but lots of storage room for groceries n shit... and at least I'm out n about with a smile still on me face...

they have a newer version that's cheaper but is made different... seems they're anticipating us older riders still wantin to ride???

freewheeler IIRC...

Freewheeler

• For Christ's sake, don't put a sidecar on your bike.

I learned at a very young age the perils of riding a sidecar. In my early teens I used to race BMX, they had a class called Sidehacks, basically an old shitter with some framing and a third wheel welded to it. I was convinced to give one a shot by one of the teams. So, I lured a friend to swing for me and proceeded to the top of the starting hill. Upon starting it became clear that my swinger had no idea what he was doing and we seemed stuck in slight left had turn on our way to the first jump. Nick, the swinger, was either launched or bailed as we left the top of the first jump leaving me unbalanced, out of control and airborne. The landing wasn't pretty, sorta flat and sideways. This learning experience at a young age has tort me to leave things with three wheels alone.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nice Trike Wrag. As mentioned I had a chance to buy one from an estate but failed to pull the trigger as I felt my leg was healing well enough that I could be back to riding this past riding season. No go on that one, I was scheduled for amputation but when I was getting wheeled from the surgeon's office to the surgery side of the hospital, the doc decided to take another look and remove some decaying tissue and presto, leg is on the rebound, slowly, and I'm keeping it, at least for now. Saved by minutes literally from being a peg leg pirate. Anyhow, I'm going to have to ride a trike for a while, or one of the reverse trikes or whatever, at least for next season coming up.

I took years off riding because of what lupus did to my left hand especially, but new treatments and injections directly into it helped it big time circa just pre covid time frame. So I got one season back in before all the BS and then snapping my leg into pieces.

Escapegoat, try an HD out on one of their test drive days. I grew up on Jap bikes too, first bike was the 1990 VFR 750, then had every Fireblade/CBR after that, 900rr, 929, 954, 1000x3, etc. Rode other stuff too, but always had a Honda sport bike of some kind. I borrowed - well rented really - an Ultra Classic HD from a friend and rode it almost coast to coast one summer, all the way to PEI in Canada from Calgary. Pretty great on the highway, made it effortless even in rain and shit weather a couple of days. I'm not saying you'll love HD or even like it, but you should ride a few just to say you did it.

• I confess I like mine... still getting used to it though... but I can get out and ride so... when it warms up that is... :rolleyes:

also love the storage area it has beats the saddle bags n trunk on standard bikes considerably IMHO :clap

• I confess I like mine... still getting used to it though... but I can get out and ride so... when it warms up that is... :rolleyes:

also love the storage area it has beats the saddle bags n trunk on standard bikes considerably IMHO :clap

That's so cool Wrag. I SO wish I had grabbed the one I had a chance at, silver color (my fav next to green), and had about 10,000 KM, so like 6200 miles or on it. Like new. Storage area, I had plans in my head already of getting a fuel bladder or fuel cell I could carry in the large rear middle compartment to extend the range out far enough I could ride through the mountains to BC or to Fort McMurray here in AB where there is a stretch of road where at certain times of the day there is NO fuel for 250km or so. Have a break apart 10/22 and my 14" Mossberg pump 12 gauge stored in there too. Plus get a good audio system for our helmets as the missus would be riding shotgun, and our current setup for riding together - which we haven't done in ages - is old and gimped.

I do wonder what it would handle corners like, I'm sure straight and level flying is pretty good, and simple. Not being able to lean and bring the bike right over especially in tighter turns would be a bike switch that I'll wager is pretty uncomfortable at first.

I'm glad you still have your leg Gman.

Thanks Elfie, me too.