What? No salutes for TK?

• Fair point. There was one the Janet Jackson did decades ago, was an utter ripoff of an America song, can't remember title. I remember thinking when I first heard it, she was COVERING said song

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• Clapton pushed his playing while while he was aware of Hendrix and Hendrix was alive. He said when he first saw Hendrix play he wanted to sell all of his guitars. Before Jimi's body was cold Clapton was back to playing bland, safe, vanilla fluff for the masses. The marketing scheme that kept him "relevant" for all of these years rivals the one that convinced you that Zappa was a "genius".

This is OBVIOUSLY written in Eric's own handwriting...

CLAPTON-IS-GOD-3.jpg

All Government is Organized Crime.

• All music snobs hate blues, and blues musicians, because it's simplistic, I became aware of that years ago. As I'm NOT a musician, I just listen to what I like, try not to overthink it. I LOVE Neil Young's guitar playing, though nobody would call him a virtuoso. I LOVE Ringo's drumming (see previous). Meh

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like Neil Young. That's not blues.

I hate generic, recycled shit blues. Eric Clapton is that. Just shit. Nothing original in almost anything he did. His best guitar work BY A MILE, was the lead to While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Forced out of the blues on that one, I guess.

But Clapton's version of Tulsa Time is just the best example of mediocre, recycled garbage, that fucking piano - it's in a million songs and it sucks in every one of them.

I don't know how anyone can listen to same old shit over and over again,.

• Lol I don't think Neil is a blues guy, he's an example of an artist I like who no-one would consider a virtuoso, I just like the end result of his playing, which I've been listening to since I was 11. Of the blues category in GENERAL, I don't like slow electric blues (which comprises 90% of SRV's stuff), I like the foot-stomping stuff (3/4 time?).

Anyhow, ALL blues IS recycled shit--all the licks were invented by the mid 50's, they just put different faces on them, which hayseed commoners like ME listen to :doublebirds

Going South Park GIF

• External Content www.youtube.com

• External Content m.youtube.com

• I saw Muddy Waters in a club in '80 or so, was frikkin incredible. I can't say I like much of his studio music tho.

The WOLF, however....