Toad & Beej music that doesn't suck

• Lovely era where country/rock developed

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• Gene Clark did alt-country pretty good. Ryan Adams perfected it. However, it does go back to the hedonist trust fund baby Gramm Parsons. He influenced pretty much everyone in the early seventies, for some reason...

• this is a bit newer

• it did make me look up rooms at the Joshua Tree. It's a two hour drive.

The Joshua Tree Inn | Joshua Tree National Park | Joshua Tree CA
    The Joshua Tree Inn , located 5 miles from Joshua Tree National Park ,the perfect place to stay when visiting JTNP. The home of Gram Parson's musical spirit.
    www.joshuatreeinn.com

I'd get the John Barrymore Suite and bring a guitar, laptop and some recording stuff. I'd stay for a week. Go in the fall maybe. Have fires at night and look at the stars, Eat some edibles.

• I shall save this thread by incurring the blessings of our resident Beatle acolytes.

First, EmmyLou is great; saw her in person from about 10 feet away down in Georgia. Never saw Linda Ronstadt but I have a couple of her tunes on my playlist.

I GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS! (Well, yah...y'all put some energy into this one!)

External Content www.youtube.com

• Always like this Yardbirds version of Howlin' Wolf's Smokestack Lightnin' I have several Yardbirds tunes on the list.

External Content www.youtube.com

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet

Edited once, last by Toad ().

• Toma. Por mirón.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• I had a boxed set of Beethoven’s symphonies in college and a while after. I don’t know when/where we parted company. Bought that on a whim, out of curiosity. Played them quite a bit The guy knew what he was doing.

• I wish I could find decent videos of these guys playing

• I had a boxed set of Beethoven’s symphonies in college and a while after. I don’t know when/where we parted company. Bought that on a whim, out of curiosity. Played them quite a bit The guy knew what he was doing.

I had a box set of Beethoven too. I bought it because it was a binaural DDD (remember when they put the recording process in a code on the jewel pack?) and it sounded absolutely fantastic. It was recorded in one of those big cathedrals in Europe and the natural reverb and tone of the room was just perfect. You could also hear traffic on the road outside. Man I wonder what happened to that??

All Government is Organized Crime.