Toad & Beej music that doesn't suck

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.

• This woman is wondrous

External Content youtu.be

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• Artie Shaw. 👍🏼 I like the way a lot of the 40s era tunes start with a musical intro that demonstrates the skills of the musicians. The. The featured vocalist.

• External Content m.youtube.com

Point:

“When you look through the years and see what you could have been

Oh, what you might have been

If you would have more time

External Content m.youtube.com

Counterpoint:

Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run

There's still time to change the road you're on”

So, is your glass half full or half empty?

• I watched the first episode of Fallout on Prime and when the credits were running this was musical track. Remembered it from AFN radio when I was in grade school in the early 60s. Still get a laugh out of it.

• The Supertramp song reminds me of freshmen year in high school. 1979. Lots of good stuff was still on the radio back then.

Heard this one probably every day on the bus to school. Same with Gary Numan Cars, The Cars, Bob Segar, The Eagles Heartache Tonight, Another Brick in The Wall,

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.

• Allison Young has partnered with that Joshua Turner kid that makes all of those videos. They seem like an item, which is awkward since he's married. To someone else.

External Content www.youtube.com

All Government is Organized Crime.

• She's got a certain thing about her... moxie? I find it very attractive. I don't blame Josh at all.

External Content www.youtube.com

• Quite the conundrum: Am I gonna spend the rest of my life listening to 50 year old shit? Thing is, I LOVE this stuff, and as best I can tell, nobody makes anything like this nowadays. So, I'm just supposed to adjust my taste to match current artists?

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• Beej, I feels ya.

My playlist ranges from a bit pre WW2 on up to early 90s. It covers Swing, Delta Blues, early and later Country, some Folk and Bluegrass, the Rock evolution from late 50s on up to the late 80s.

I think I have wide ranging and varied musical tastes.

But what passes for current popular music just isn’t my thing.

🤷‍♂️

• Quite the conundrum: Am I gonna spend the rest of my life listening to 50 year old shit? Thing is, I LOVE this stuff, and as best I can tell, nobody makes anything like this nowadays. So, I'm just supposed to adjust my taste to match current artists?

no one is ever going to make that kind of shit again. It's such basic blues and repetitive, basic and boring scale playing. It's like 50's music was to the 60s, 70s, 80s. It's gone. For good reason.

I can't picture any new guitar player wanting to play this kind of boring shit.

This shit actually gives me a headache. Mindless shitty jamming. And fucking organs. god.

But i8 want to be kind in my assessment. I don't wish to offend.