Random Randoms

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All Government is Organized Crime.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• I follow this facebook page that posts pictures of wood frame construction with vague comments like "Nice" or "Smooth" or whatever... they're usually pictures of beautifully and intricately and unnecessarily complexly constructed rough framing, completely overkilled, over built but constructed in a way that you know the guy knew what he was doing. A lot of the time right in the middle of these photos there'll be a glaringly obvious code violation. I'll tell you, there's really no one like a tradesman to take every opportunity they see to point out the shortcomings and errors of another tradesman. Conversely, there is no greater a compliment than one given from a fellow tradesman because you know that it came from a place of earnestness... Anyways, they posted this photo and as I was scanning the comments (the only negative ones about "overkill") I came across this eloquent synopsis of life...

I don't think people appreciate what has to happen to make a cut roof look this good.

It starts all the way down at the foundation and works it's way up. The craftsmanship is in the entire process of the framing. Without having floors and walls that are square and level, the roof would never look that sweet.

• "Hurricane straps" are metal straps (like those you see in the picture) that are designed to help a structure withstand hurricane force winds.

This guy just isn't done yet because you can see a few straps in the picture, he just hasn't put them all on yet.

• I've been following Mike Masse for a while. He really represents the pinnacle of the current state of cover artists, using social media as a platform to promote his music and a direct connection to his followers. He was a New York Lawyer who gave it all up to pursue his passion in music. He now travels the entire world playing to packed houses and earning a decent living while doing it. those that claim there's no money/outlet for cover musicians are doing it wrong...

External Content www.youtube.com

External Content www.youtube.com

• This whole debacle is fascinating and enraging at the same time. On one one side the terrestrial commercial radio industry is attempting force automakers to continue to put antiquated equipment that no one uses in cars because "safety and service to the communitay" through the implementation of jackbooted legislation and on the other, automakers are saying fuck you I won't do what you tell me. This is how business is conducted in a fascist society.

Five Automakers Band Together For Anti-AM Radio Lobbying - Radio Ink
    Automakers increased their fourth-quarter lobbying efforts to prevent a government mandate of AM radio in cars.
    radioink.com

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively