Random Randoms

• How do these step counter apps work? I tried driving at walking speed and it didn't register. Veronica does a treadmill and it does.

I get an email nearly every day begging me up start that shit up with whatever commie app they want us to use

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• Every wednesday I get together with six or eight musician buds for breakfast. We shoot the shit for an hour or so then a couple of us go check out a record shop down the block. Last summer Paulie brought this guy Jim with him. Jim is a recent transplant from Ohio. Jim is a drummer (hobbyist, never gigged) really digs metal music. Jim rubs me wrong on many levels... Overly opinionated, take charge, likes REALLY bad music, goes on endlessly about his time at THE Ohio State University (leather OSU jacket, probably $1k worth of OSU "bling" plastered on his ridiculously jacked-up Wrangler), goes on and on about his trophy wife "Barbie" (not her real name)... About two months ago he started suggesting that we move breakfast to his "studio" (fucking OSU mancave) and we could have "jam sessions" afterward..

Last week he announced that everything was ready and this was the week... Tuesday night my good friend Jeff txted me and said "hey.. on your way to Jim's pick me up". I told him I was thinking about passing on the whole thing. He says " come on man, it's the same gig just a different venue". I said "Na.. I just aint' feeling it." On the group text everyone was talking about it and one guy, Tom says "I think I'm gonna pass but I'll be at the restaurant if anybody else just wants to do the usual." Jim comes back "ok... heh.." (insinuated Tom was being a dick..) I messaged Tom and told him I'd be there to have breakfast with him.

I got to the restaurant at the regular time and Tom was the only one there, sitting at the counter. The staff had set up our regular table as reserved-no one had bothered to let them know that the group wouldn't be there... I was embarrassed and apologized profusely and told them what was up. I could tell that the staff was genuinely concerned.. "you guys aren't going to stop coming, are you?" I had to tell them that I honestly didn't know what was going to happen.. Tom and I had a good breakfast and I went on to the record store where James, the owner was genuinely concerned.. "why are you by yourself?" (there's usually at least four of us) I told him the guys were doing something different..

I've been slowly rehabbing an old Sony record player for the last month or so and yesterday after I got home I was finally able to get all of the automatic functions completely working properly so I made a little video and sent it to Jeff who shares the vinyl passion with me... Totally fucking ghosted. No acknowledgement, no reply, nothing.

So now I'M the asshole.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• Well that guy's a dick. And that sounds like so much fun to go to breakfast with those guys! I would love to live there and do that with you guys. If you'd have me!

Such a good guy. Don't let that Ohio fuck ruin things. Ohio sucks anyway.

And there's no way I'd want to go to someone's place to have breakfast I like to have breakfast at a restaurant. That's the whole point kind of isn't it? Fuck that guy

• I didn't write that for validation (not completely anyways). I'm willing to learn about myself. I know I can be selfish and temperamental at times. I'm also vulnerable and plagued with self-doubt. These guys were my friends long before Jim ever came around - guys that I have a lot of respect for and like a great deal. I've been trying to get some of them to come to my actual fucking studio since I got it going to no avail. I guess the whole thing just hurt my feelers more than anything. Makes me want to crawl deeper into my shell.

There's ALWAYS some fucking Jim. He could have asked them to come over any time. Instead he chose to hijack our special thing and he's nothing but a fucking interloper. Why am I the only one who can see this??

And I'm a whiny little bitch.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• No, I think that he's a fuck. As if Ohio is something to be proud of. I'd be making fun of him be on his back if it were me. Lol. Hey, that is me!

But you're a great guy. I really like you a lot and I don't see why you would have any reason to be having self-doubts about anything. But we all do.

Try not to let it bother you. Maybe someday go over there and hang out with those gays out at his Ohio players fucking studio.

And then invite everybody over to your place for something.

I wish I could come out there and visit you guys soon. I would love to spend a couple of weeks and just be around, not get anybody's hair or anytthing, but I would like to see your band play, I would love to see your studio, I would love to maybe write a song or something with you. That would be so much fun for me.

• I'd always assumed MOST playing musicians were like Jim, (maybe small sample size) it's a miracle you had that large breakfast group without one already in it

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• Getting ready to go to the Christmas dinner for my last job. Then tomorrow is the Christmas party for my new old job!

I've got a nice black dress for tonight that Veronica gave me. The diner is at the same place we had it at last year, in Irvine. I remember I ate before I got there last time because I was so hungry - lol. I feel like eating now but I'm not. That dinner is damn fine!

:crab

• So I'm driving over to Irvine and it's about 40 minute drive. I get most of the way there and then I pull out my invitation just to make sure I've got the right time and I see that it's for tomorrow at 6:30. Lol!

So now I'm in line at Farmer Brothers and I'm going to get a sub and go home. Damn it!

And I squeezed into this freaking dress too

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yesterday a friend of mine, kira, came by unannounced but I didn't even hear her knocking on my door. She came all the way from Hollywood and she took the subway and buses. And she left a Christmas present for me on my doorstep and then just turned around and went back. That's probably 2 hours each way on a bus and Subway and all that garbage.

I guess she knocked on my door twice and then just left. She knows I go to bed early and she thought that I was in the shower or sleeping.

Feel so horrible! A little while after she left she texted me and said check your porch. I told her, why did you not call me? That's crazy!

Poor girl.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Palpatunes! LOL

• Getting around in a city is a major time bandit. I used to travel about ten miles to work in Melbourne in the same amount of time I could get about 60 miles here.

it can be pretty bad here depending on the area. Hollywood and Beverly Hills are about the worst.

Where I'm going is in Orange County and it's about 27 miles. Typically a lot less traffic going that way.

I'm kind of short for time today and I don't like that. Our party starts at 1.30 and I would have to leave be 3 to get back in that dress and curl my hair. I'm thinking about not going to the dinner. I'm mad at myself. I don't want to get ready and do that all over again today. lol.