Random Randoms

• A female once said she refused to watch Ray Ramano's show as in her opinion he was presenting the stupid whinny male in a marriage...

just her opinion I guess... I watched maybe twice and did not care for it myself...

tired of the constant slamming of the male as too stupid or too wimpy etc...

big change from other representations of males in the past IMHO...

not sure when it became campy to portray males so... but I've watched how it's done...

• Yeah... Even Last Man Standing portrayed Mike as struggling with his old fashionedness. It's true. And it hasn't made being a dad any easier.

Abut anyways...

There was that one comedian they gave a sitcom to called Boston Common, about a hayseed that followed his sister when she went to college to get some learnin'... That one was a stinker so they gave him another called Yes Dear. I used to watch that one every week, for some reason..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

All Government is Organized Crime.

• God she was so fucking hot. She was trying to get him to have another baby. I would have capitulated after the first ploy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• A marine wearing a Trump hat boarded a train on his way home from deployment.

The train was quite crowded, and the marine walked the entire length looking for a seat.
    There seemed to be one next to a well-dressed middle-aged African American woman, but when he got there he saw it was taken by the woman's little dog.
    The tired marine asked, "Ma'am, may I have that seat?"

The woman sniffed and said, "Trump supporters are so rude. My little Roxy is using that seat."

The marine walked the entire train again, but the only seat available was under that dog.

"Please, ma'am, may I sit down? I'm very tired."
    She snorted, "Not only are you Trump supporters rude, you are also arrogant!"
    This time the marine didn't say a word, he just picked up the little dog, tossed it out the train window and sat down.

The woman shrieked, "Someone do something! I'm an award winning district attorney from Georgia. Someone put this Trump supporter in his place!"
    About that time an English gentleman sitting nearby spoke up.

"Sir, you Americans seem to have a way of always doing the wrong thing. You hold your fork in the wrong hand.
    You drive your cars on the wrong side of the road and now, sir, you seem to have thrown the wrong bitch out the window.”

• Job gains are going to immigrants, and keeping young US-born men out of the workforce
    Comparing to the fourth quarter of 2019, right before Covid hit, to the fourth quarter of 2023 shows 2.7 million more people working.
    nypost.com

We keep hearing that the US economy is strong, especially the job market.

At first glance, this perspective seems to be spot-on. Compared to the fourth quarter of 2019, right before COVID-19 hit, the fourth quarter of 2023 shows 2.7 million more people working.

Except all those gains are among immigrants.

The number of immigrants working over this period is up by 2.9 million, while 183,000 fewer US-born Americans are working.

Put simply, compared to 2019, all the net job growth has gone to immigrants.

To be clear, employment for both groups has rebounded significantly since the depths of the COVID-19 recession in 2020. But the number of US-born workers has not returned to the level it was before the pandemic, while immigrant employment (legal and illegal together) has ballooned.

How do we know this? The government collects the Current Population Survey (CPS) each month specifically to measure employment. It asks people where they were born and if they are US citizens.

According to the latest numbers, employment of US-born workers is still below 2019 levels.

Unmentioned, they are driving down wages as well

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• What I'm getting at is... Don't think for a second that the corporatists buying congressional votes for $8k don't love the idea of an open border and millions of people to exploit. It's great! Instead of having to go to the other side of the earth in order to pay off corrupt governments, fight warlords and hostile climates, invite all of the desperate people of the earth here! Flooding the market with unskilled labor drives its value down (like any commodity) and this way... they (poor desperate ignorant) do all of the sorting for you. It's brilliant, really... since finding the next third-world shithole to exploit is becoming more and more difficult. Our current form of corporatist capitalism simply doesn't work without a desperate underclass to exploit... The first time I heard the quiet part expressed out loud.. and it took me years to understand just what they were really saying (the devil is in the subtext) was... "WELL... WHO'S GOING TO PICK YOU LETTUCE FOR YOU, HUH??" all smug-like in a perceived "GOTCHA" moment.

"COME ONE, COME ALL!"

• They always prattle on about "jobs Americans won't do", but walk past a construction site and look for a white dude who ISN'T the GC. What truly fucks us is both the Dems AND the GOP are in the camp you just mentioned. Biden's people could give a shit about THAT, they just know eventually these fuckers will be allowed to vote, and they they can turn TX blue

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• I really do think I'm going to do it...

One of the main reasons I read RadioInk almost every day is that it gives me an insight that I wouldn’t have otherwise, and let me tell you… the collective mindset of terrestrial linear broadcasting is the very definition of insanity. To them, “They” aren’t the problem, it’s the consumer, it’s auto manufacturers, it’s all that fancy modern tech, THAT’S the problem. Rather than embrace change and lead the way from their bully pulpit (too late, more than 50% of listeners are already streaming) they have, and are, using their power in the market to attempt to bring time to a standstill… even make the clock run backward! Take this “AM For Every Vehicle Act”, for example… through a faux concern for the “community” they intend to force automakers, through the jackboot force of legislation, to continue to put antiquated equipment that no one uses in… EVERY Vehicle! Imagine internet radio broadcasters having the audacity to demand every vehicle have in internet radio player (we don’t have to because the market WILL bring it)! And make no mistake: the “FM For Every Vehicle Act” is next. It reminds me of the whole Napster debacle where the music industry tried to wish away, then force legislation to… STOP or turn back the hands of time, cutting off their own nose in spite of itself! I believe it’s born from a smug sense of self-importance that ALL organizations get after few (or bunch) of well-placed (or lucky) moves; soon you start to believe your own BS (read The Peter Principle, an EXCELLENT book that middle managers HATE, for some reason). They think that it’s not THEIR job to go the market, it’s the CONSUMER’s job to go to them, by hook or by crook! Which… is how you end up with “For Thee but not For Me” licensing schisms. We are on the cusp (actually past the cusp, we’re into an era) of a rebirth of for-profit free to the consumer auditory entertainment (I think even calling it radio is a mistake). I think what needs to be done is to take everything (maybe NOT everything) that we know about commercial radio, and do the exact opposite. Let terrestrial wallow and drown in the cesspool of its own creation.

• Cautionary tale. Get on "someone's" radar and this will happen to you. I'm watching in real-time as a local band who got a break to play a big stage is ruined by an anonymous busybody...

Traverse City Musician's Guild | Can some one tell me why a band like The J Hawkins Band or User-Friendly Killer Robots back a band like Trapt who is transphobic and defends statutory... | Facebook
    Can some one tell me why a band like The J Hawkins Band or User-Friendly Killer Robots back a band like Trapt who is transphobic and defends statutory rape?...
    www.facebook.com