Not-So "Random" shootings

• You're entitled to your opinion too, however narrow and self-righteous it may be.

However you slice it though, suicide is the easy way out. Freeing the mind of haunting demons is far more difficult.

Everyone has an unknown amount of time in this life. How they choose to use it or to shortcut it is up to them.

One of my mantras is it's not about where I've been, it's where I'm going. I have my demons; I just endeavor not to let them rule me or spoil my day. Not always successful but

“Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."

• You weren't listening. You have never been in that position and I hope for your sake that you never are, but I have been there.

SWTarget is right, your view is narrow minded and self-righteous.

It damages those who are left behind? Maybe so, but that statement completely ignores just how damaged the person who offed themselves had become.

I doubt you've ever experienced trauma bonding but that's what keeps many battered women from leaving their situations.

In my personal situation, scapegoating and gaslighting are what has created the trauma bonding in me and financial abuse has guaranteed that I can't leave. I have $600 saved towards a divorce that Couer Noir doesn't know about but a divorce costs thousands. I've looked into pro bono attorneys that help the poor but we own a house and for one group of attorney's the value of the home was to high, for another group the equity was to much, for another group just the fact that we still live under the same roof was a deal breaker. I've offered to pay once the house sells and I've offered to sign a contract to that effect. I can't get a job because of the seizures. I could try to live on the streets (and I've seriously considered it) but it wouldn't be long and someone would rob me of my syringes and I'd no longer be able to take insulin, not long after that I'd be dead. Are you beginning to see how my options are getting fewer and fewer?

None of us has any idea what someone else's demons are like.

This right here is why Coeur Noir doesn't leave even though she has wanted out ever since the wedding was over 30 years ago.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You weren't listening. You have never been in that position and I hope for your sake that you never are, but I have been there.

Umm.... Not that Toad needs this but .... think of Toad's background before saying this stuff? None of us truly know what each of us has been though. We all have different responses to stress.

You may now continue with the purse swinging.

• You weren't listening. You have never been in that position and I hope for your sake that you never are, but I have been there...

...None of us has any idea what someone else's demons are like.

So, Elfie.....read the second line of YOUR post that I quoted there. Tell me what my demons are like. Tell me how you know I've never been in that position.

Lord Soth......exactly.

• Umm.... Not that Toad needs this but .... think of Toad's background before saying this stuff? None of us truly know what each of us has been though. We all have different responses to stress.

You may now continue with the purse swinging.

That's another reason why Toad's position on this is ignorant.

• I'm pretty sure I talked a friend out of suicide.

We got shitfaced, he passed out. I took his revolver from him.

The next day he called me up. I told him its here. I was worried that you'd apply a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

We never spoke of it again.

He's still with us.

I'm not certain I want membership in a club with standards so low as to allow me membership.