Yet another crappy DCS thread

• I would say you want at least 32g ram and a 3000 series video card (or AMD equivalent) with either a dedicated NvME drive or one big enough to run winblows, drivers and other stuff that is required to go on the C drive. My DCS folder is over 500g.

DCS can use all of your cores depending on how you start it up. When using multi-threading you can see bogies from beyond icon range which is 10 nm.

• I know Elf Man, my directory is HUGE for DCS, I had to swap out the dedicated 500mb m.2 I had for a 2 gb as I have every module except a couple of the goofy civilian planes, every map, etc. I had to uninstall a bunch of stuff last year to make room for new modules.

If you aren't using VR DCS will run well on the specs already mentioned. If you plan on doing a lot of multiplayer on busy servers, 64gb ram over 32 can have a large impact.

• I know Elf Man, my directory is HUGE for DCS, I had to swap out the dedicated 500mb m.2 I had for a 2 gb as I have every module except a couple of the goofy civilian planes, every map, etc. I had to uninstall a bunch of stuff last year to make room for new modules.

If you aren't using VR DCS will run well on the specs already mentioned. If you plan on doing a lot of multiplayer on busy servers, 64gb ram over 32 can have a large impact.

When I sold the house I waited for the next sale and bought everything I still wanted. I don't have the JF-17, any of the "trainers" or civilian planes. At the time my plan was to make DCS videos, including stuff for mission editing, how to complete missions and campaigns in addition to videos on dogfighting and maybe even a bit of tool shedding.

Now that I can make lures again the DCS plan is on hold, although that could come back into play if I can't get a semi-warm place to make them. If it's to cold I can't keep the plastisol, molds and injectors hot enough to shoot complete shots. I can't do that in the shelter and I don't have a place to set up my desktop PC either, so Plan A and Plan B are both on hold for a bit. My room mate is a child in a man's body and spends almost all day in the room and won't leave so tying jigs is out for now also. Good news on that front is he has a place in veteran housing reserved and ready for him as soon as the Lincoln Housing Authority approves his section 8 voucher.

When I have some place to make baits again, this one will be a top priority. The grey w/ red/green glitter is one of my creations.

viSJ17p.jpg

Golfer has used it extensively and he's won 3 times at Lake Nyona in Illinois with it, he took 2nd in a KBF Pro event at Lake Lanier (HUGE deal), top 15 at Lake Chickamauga, and recorded 3 20"+ fish at Lake Caddo including his personal best of 23'.

cPWPq1B.jpg

I bought a tail mold so I can make those quicker.

0P394hc.jpg

• The Lead Sled is getting closer to release.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Phantom is imminent. Ya!

SO much in the pipeline that is badass. C130 will be fun, especially with the inevitable mods for making it a gunship/AC130, hell they devs may even make a gunship available with the release. With DCS adding a lot of ground targets like various infantry and trucks/apcs, an AC130 multicrew would be a riot. Super pew pew.

Coming this year -

Hellcat

F4U1D Corsair

LA7

Mig29 full fidelity - (my favorite fighter since I saw the first time they appeared in the Western world back in 1989 at Abbotsford international air show here in Canada). Cannot wait for this one.

Mig17

Chinook Helo

Kiowa helo

Mig23 (eff ya!)

F8 Crusader - last of the gunfighters, real single engine rocket ship which IMO is going to dominate the cold war servers with only Fox1/early Fox2's and guns

A7 Corsair - great little attack bird, had one of the best systems for unguided bombs even to this day. Also had 1000 rounds of 20mm aboard, so a ton of strafing and even a2a as it apparently had a few really good turns in it before it would be out of energy. Shot down some Mig17s in Vietnam to prove it.

A6 Intruder - next to the Mig29 this is the next most anticipated for me. Having an entire late cold war carrier air wing strike group, at least without the supporting aircraft is going to be so cool - Hornet Cs, F14A/B, A7 Corsair, A6 intruder...just missing the Awacs, Helos, and Cod.

F100 Super Saber

Kfir

A1 Skyraider

F104 full fidelity (just have a mod now with basic fidelity)

Two others I nearly forgot -

Tornado GR1 Ground Attack - When Falcon 3.0 first came out, Spektrum Holobyte was so jazzed by the unexpected sales that they went on to use that $ to produce what was at that time easily the most complex and fun flight sim - Tornado. Having a terrain following radar modeled back then was incredible. I remember flying under power lines in that sim, and the weapons aiming stuff was very complex for the time as well. So it'll be good times to have it in DCS.

Also, Typhoon is still in the pipeline. That plane well own all in PVP online, as it's radar will be easily the best if the model it accurately, but the thing also is an effing amazing turn fighter. With 12 A2A missiles aboard, a great gun, it's going to be a blast.

All of these aren't likely to appear in 2024, but at least 1/2 of them will be early access before 2025 IMO. A lot to look forward too, Vulkan API and the dynamic campaign especially.

• I wonder when we are going to start seeing some Japanese aircraft? We need those for Pacific campaigns/missions.

I'm looking forward to every single aircraft but especially the Phantom.

I have the F-104 mod on my desktop PC and it's a blast to fly once you reverse the throttle axis. :laughing It can carry up to 6 Sidewinders with fuel tanks under the wings.

I'll definitely be a buyer for most of these aircraft but I'm not real interested in the C-130 or the helos.

In addition to the Typhoon I'd love to see the Gripen and Rafale as well.

I worked on that Phantom and not only watched it burn due to a cracked cartridge retainer during a cart start but also watched it land and taxi back to it's parking spot after being rebuilt at a depot in Ohio. I have that pic on my laptop's desktop.

• I'll be flying again this evening. I'm in my apartment with my computer set up and I just need to modify the quick release clamps for my throttle and joystick so they will mount to this desk. Shouldn't take but a couple of minutes, I just need to finish up a couple of other things before I get involved with DCS after a 6 month hiatus or I'll never get those things done. ^^

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I loved Falcon 4 Allied Force.

this has me curious:

External Content www.youtube.com

Needs more stick throw though but really nice to see.