The F35 is shit they said

• I remember way back when everyone was saying the F35 was an overpriced POS and it was only GG and myself that said it was good.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:whatevs

• But really this is a different ball game having these capabilities of networking and over the horizon detection and killing ability of the f-35..

Any test they do against any fourth generation fighter is not even a contest. The other aircraft never even see the f-35 before they get dead.

and when everything goes wrong... and it does.

• I remember way back when everyone was saying the F35 was an overpriced POS and it was only GG and myself that said it was good.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:whatevs

Not everyone said it was an overpriced POS but many do have strong opinions. The real test will come with real fighting.

https://www.flamewarriors.net/…&postID=272779#post272779

• I hear the B-21 will be revealed to the public in December.

B-21 Raider
    B-21 Raider, the future of long-range strike, will be capable of penetrating the toughest defenses to deliver precision strikes anywhere in the world.
    www.northropgrumman.com

• That guy’s entire presentation is based upon the Blue Force being completely able to dictate the terms of the engagement. In short, if the F35 is allowed to fight the fight it was designed to fight, it’s the best at that fight.

Sure.

What if the F35 isn’t allowed to dictate the terms of the fight? Then maybe it isn’t so smart to think it’s the master of every battlefield in the sky.

I’m sure the Chinks are fully aware of all the positive AND negative aspects of the F35. Their espionage of our programs is excellent. They are going to be very determined to find a way to keep the F35 from fighting its fight. They will find countermeasures. Tactics, hardware/software, numerical superiority, surprise; they will prepare to do whatever it takes to keep Blue from dictating an F35 favorable engagement.

Have you noticed the USAF still mostly parks their aircraft out in the open in rows of aircraft? Have they heard of hypersonic missiles? Do they remember Pearl Harbor? I think any F35s aboard a carrier will be gone literally in a flash along with the CV they are on.

The idea that chinks don’t know where a CV group is sailing is ludicrous. Beyond satellite imagery, I’m sure every CV group is trailed by multiple subs that routinely update targeting info with HQ. Multiple hypersonic missiles will quickly solve their cv problem if the subs themselves do not.

Now you don’t want aircraft that can only fight the last war. The air war has significantly changed. But to think the F35 is godlike and invincible, that it’s the only aircraft we need is sheer stupidity. It clearly has its faults. The chinks will try hard to exploit those and to fight on their terms.

Idiots who tell you the F35 will never have to dogfight haven’t learned anything from past conflicts or Sun Tzu.

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet

Edited once, last by Toad ().

• but will it have nuclear strike capability

B-21 Raider Frequently Asked Questions
    The B-21 long-range bomber will provide our nation with a strategic asset capable of penetrating enemy air defenses. Learn more about this important aircraft.
    www.northropgrumman.com

What is the B-21?

The B-21 Raider is a new high-tech stealth bomber being developed to replace the Air Force’s aging bomber fleet.

Designed to be long-range, highly survivable and capable of carrying a mix of conventional and nuclear ordnance, the B-21 will join the nuclear triad as a visible and flexible nuclear deterrent; supporting national security objectives and assuring our nation’s allies and partners.

• Just another puzzle palace fiasco ala McNamara’s TFX program. F35 is now too big to fail after the shit ton of money dumped down the drain.

What Went Wrong with the F-35, Lockheed Martin's Joint Strike Fighter?
    The F-35 was billed as a fighter jet that could do almost everything the U.S. military desired but has turned out to be one of the greatest boondoggles in…
    www.scientificamerican.com

The company building the F-35 has made grand claims. Lockheed Martin said the plane would be far better than current aircraft – “four times more effective” in air-to-air combat, “eight times more effective” in air-to-ground combat and “three times more effective” in recognizing and suppressing an enemy’s air defenses. It would, in fact, be “second only to the F-22 in air superiority.” In addition, the F-35 was to have better range and require less logistics support than current military aircraft.”

It doesn’t even come close to meeting the original requirements of the program. The pentagon project managers just kept lowering the bar so the aircraft could meet (barely) the degraded goals. The Colonels and Generals in the program got their promotions, LockMart got it’s corporate welfare program, and once again the taxpayers got fucked. Next we’ll hear how great and awesome the K-46 program is.

• “Next we’ll hear how great and awesome the K-46 program is.

Lol, yeah. Who would have guessed that Boeing, builder of the previously very best tanker aircraft ever made, would totally screw the pooch on the K-46?

Take a proven, highly successful B-767 that they built perfectly for decades and turn it into a tanker by adding their perfected boom pod and boom. And a couple drouge pods out on the wings. Voila, another great tanker.

Oh no, they couldn’t do THAT. 😂

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet

Edited once, last by Toad ().

• What role does the F-22 currently serve, and how does it compare to the 35?

F-22 Raptor: Capabilities and Controversies

The original mission was simply an air dominance fighter, much akin to the F-15 and F-16. It has since evolved into a multi role airframe, just like the F-15E or F-16 Block 50 or 52 models. I’m sure the F22 isn’t the end all to be all by any measure. I’m simply saying the F35 isn’t the Johnny Commando G.I. Joe with the kung fu grip swimming under water Dream Machine that some claim it to be.