Not Enough Time in a Day

• Since I've become semi-retired I thought I'd have time to do all of the things that I never seemed to have time for. Boy was I wrong! Man is it frustrating. I just BARELY got the stuff done that I needed to this weekend. Actually, not really because the wall unit that I got for the studio was DOA (didn't COULDN'T figure that out until it was completely installed) so I've got to pull it back off the wall and box it up best I can and send it back to Amazon. Now I've got a huge hole in the wall and the weather is turning.. (I was SUPPOSED to have this done LONG before fall) It seems like I had more time when I was working fifty hours a week.. The guys in the band are getting impatient with me since I'm paying more attention to that business...

All Government is Organized Crime.

• Since I've become semi-retired I thought I'd have time to do all of the things that I never seemed to have time for. Boy was I wrong! Man is it frustrating. I just BARELY got the stuff done that I needed to this weekend. Actually, not really because the wall unit that I got for the studio was DOA (didn't COULDN'T figure that out until it was completely installed) so I've got to pull it back off the wall and box it up best I can and send it back to Amazon. Now I've got a huge hole in the wall and the weather is turning.. (I was SUPPOSED to have this done LONG before fall) It seems like I had more time when I was working fifty hours a week.. The guys in the band are getting impatient with me since I'm paying more attention to that business...

I just turned 62, have been averaging 45-50 hours a week for a decade, am only home Saturday/Sunday, Monday morning arrives, haven't addressed half the shit I wanted to deal with around the 70 year old house, much less have any sort of leisure time. Seriously thinking of telling them. I'm only gonna work Tues>> Friday now

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• Which business are you talking about?

Pictures of the wall are needed!

The band. It's a business. At least I treat it that way. I had a nice convo with your fav Christmas crooner from the D the other night. I told him I felt like a bully for not allowing the band to play somewhere that refused accommodate us.. He said they'll get over it AND.. I was 100% right to refuse to play "it's our job to continuously let these fuckers (club owners/managers) know that we are NOT part of their plantation. If they don't even respect you enough to give you space to do your job, fuck them." I feel better about that whole thing now. It remains to be seen how long the guys will hold a grudge though... Charlie is pretty pissed at me right now and that makes me feel bad. BUT>>> these guys always say they want to break into the festival scene and to do so you must present an image of a quality act, and it doesn't matter how good you are, if you're playing stuffed into a corner with piles of junk and video games you're doing it wrong. You MUST stand by your convictions and standards, even if it means you get a weekend off every once in a while.

• Five and a half hours to convince the rear wheel bearing on my van that they needed to be changed. Now that they're quiet I can hear the fronts starting to get loud... Makes a guy kinda want a car payment (not really).

• I just turned 62, have been averaging 45-50 hours a week for a decade, am only home Saturday/Sunday, Monday morning arrives, haven't addressed half the shit I wanted to deal with around the 70 year old house, much less have any sort of leisure time. Seriously thinking of telling them. I'm only gonna work Tues>> Friday now

Just got my first SS check in August. Welcome to Denny's Senior discounts on Breakfast!