IF this works, it beats the shit out of EV transportation.

• Porsche is replacing gasoline with air and water | Fox News

You can't beat the laws of Thermodynamics. You always lose energy in the transformation from one form to another.

Apparently though they are using the constant high winds to provide the energy to make the methane. So, who cares if you lose some wind energy? Wind energy costs are essentially limited to the windmill costs. Base materials are water and carbon dioxide, both essentially free and inexhaustible. It's pricey now but costs will come down. Lithium batteries and coal generated electricity ain't cheap either.

If Porsche starts winning races on the methane fuel and if, as they say, any current gasoline car can use it....winner, winner....chicken dinner.

We shall see.

• Something like that is the answer. Electric vehicles are not going to be the answer. There's too much infrastructure that would have to be built out and too many materials mined. There's not even enough mining operations to be even close to putting a dent in the demand if everything was electric vehicles. We just don't even have the capacity to mine All of the materials needed for all the batteries, plus what do you do with the old batteries?

Environmentally, electric vehicles are probably much worse than traditional vehicles. By the time you strip mine the shit out of everything and ship it all around the world and process everything and then dump the old batteries, what are you really saving or helping?

But people are fucking idiots.

• I was thinking about this. You lose energy when you change modes.

So we are abolutely going to lose world wide wind energy if we use wind to make this fuel. Soon thereafter, there will be a world wide wind shortage. Millions will die. The earth will cease to exist. It will be a Climate Wind Emergency!!!!!!!!!!!!!