Corporations going woke - even after seeing the incredible backlash and the massive devaulations

• Dunno. I’ve walked more than a mile through cattail sloughs on hot Octobers days in SD, sucking in cattail fluff with every breath.

That crap gets in your eyes, up your nose and sticks to any sweaty exposed skin.

The walk is stepping in holes you can’t see when you’re not struggling over mud torn up by cattle hooves as you bust thru chest high reeds. Very, very aerobic exercise.

Finally get to the other end and a blocker hands you an ice cold Bud Light.

Hell yeah! Who WOULDN’T chug down a can or two of ice water after doing that?

• Bud light started up it's twitter account. It's not going the way they hoped...

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I remember when Bud was about The Party - ultra hot chicks in little bathing suits, big hair, perfect tits and a Bull Terrier dog.

Then they went woke, and now they are broke.

well they were making too much money - forever- from a proven marketing plan aimed dead center at the number one target audience. Then the female VP said she wanted to change the "frat boy" image of the beer. You know. Market to the people who don't even drink beer, much less the water/piss Bud light.

Marketing based on personal feels can only come from a generation of idiots raised to think that their feelings matter most. That they're special.

• That ad lady bemoaned the fact their market share was decreasing....so she went out of her way to swap middle/lower class white America for a comparative teeny % of wokesters. Leftist principals always overrides logic with these people, look at Disney and their group of recent woke flops

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• I kind of look at Bud Lite like it _was_ a Spring Break Frat Boy (wet t-shirt contest) kind of beer in the 80s. But those people grew up, and it became (still the same people), the responsible back yard BBQ beer - where guests could have 2 (3 tops) over a couple hours and drive home responsibly. It was that or Coors Lite, or Michelob Ultra.

It's none of those things now, and the Woke Millennial/hipster/whatever crowd would never drink Bud Lite. They drink foo foo hopped to the max craft beer, and those white claws.

• Every back yard BBQ/Parents holding a graduation Party for their kids type get together beer was generally always a cooler of iced Bud Lite, and another cooler of iced Coors Lite. It was a staple for that kind of thing. Now that was if the wife bought it. If the husband thought to intercede and force the issue, at least here, both coolers would be Shiner and the wife would be a bit pissed off.

• I USED to drink Fosters (which was nearly twice the cost of Bud) Then they quit selling it in 6 pack bottles. At the same time, I downgraded jobs to stay home, so I switched to $6/6-pack Busch lite. Then they quit selling THAT in bottles, so I moved to Bud Light. (still $6-$7) Over the last few years, Bud has moved to $12/6-pack, whilst Dos Equis/IPA's are STILL $12/6-pack. Even absent the recent politics, WHY would you stick to Bud?

Well respected man about town doing the best things most conservatively

• The wise thing is to not play politics with your business. Stay 100% A-political.

Starbucks did a masterful job of this 12-15 years ago. it was the Go-To place for Lefties (and sissies), and the hardcore 2A gun crowd would go there after range time, sometimes doing the Open Carry thing. Starbucks welcomed them discreetly. You used to see gun bags at the range with Starbucks patches on them (ie: we're going there after the range). Starbucks grew and grew - then when they had it all, they went woke (and lost a massive market share).

• The wise thing is to not play politics with your business. Stay 100% A-political.

Starbucks did a masterful job of this 12-15 years ago. it was the Go-To place for Lefties (and sissies), and the hardcore 2A gun crowd would go there after range time, sometimes doing the Open Carry thing. Starbucks welcomed them discreetly. You used to see gun bags at the range with Starbucks patches on them (ie: we're going there after the range). Starbucks grew and grew - then when they had it all, they went woke (and lost a massive market share).

Same with bands. Shut your pie hole and play a song for me, bitch.

Roger Waters? Hello? Is there anyone a home?

Bitches.

• I think the backlash is pretty stupid though. I love that a strong message is being sent, but on a practical level I really don't give a shit about how something I buy is marketed. If I like something I'll buy it and I don't care what the "image" is.

The backlash is because marketing was piss poor on discovering who Mulvaney's target audience is. Average age of tictoc users is well under 21.

They targeted kids... the backlash is well deserved.

when i say they i mean mulvaney also.