IMUSA or Bialetti?

• Back in my college days I was at a party out of state. I was STUNNED to see beer being sold in a convenience store (Wawa). It was such an alien thing. Back in PA, beer was sold at Beer Distributors by the case. ONLY. Liquor was sold at the state-run liquor store. ONLY.

There was a big legislative session to break up these monopolies. We literally had a party and watched it happen on the CSPAN local channel. After a few places snuck through on a loophole, we're finally seeing beer and wine being sold at super markets. And Beer Distributors are now selling stuff less than a case.

It only took ~15 years.

• Texas has Republican donating business groups that have been chasing the bullet train for a decade. Cali isn't paying any reparations, wasn't a slave state (unless they're paying the Chinese), can't pay their own bills, and their gov repeatedly rejects raising taxes on their 1%. If I need crack of an open air homeless encampment, then Houston, Austin, Dallas, LA, San Fran, San Diego, they're all good choices for that.

You don't get local rule in Texas either if the state doesn't agree. Yesterday the State just passed the deathstar, specially to overrule local governments and continually work to consolidate power away from locals and into the state itself.

It makes the flyover states like Kansas & Missouri look increasingly moderate & attractive, despite also having their own bevy of wacky laws.

• Let's talk overall tax burden:

Tax Burden by State: 2022 State and Local Taxes | Tax Foundation

I rest my case on taxes, your Honor. I'm sure you'll note the top ten are all blue.

Now, reparations. What other state is even talking about that on the scale that Kalifornication is doing? Same with BTTN (Bullet Trains To Nowhere); that boondoggle is in progress in Kalifornication?

There's unusual/wacky laws in every state. In flyover states, those laws are generally very minor annoyances. Lawsy, I kain't buy beer on Sunday!!

In the DB (Deep Blue) states, they are infringements on a person's Constitutional rights. Kalifornication gun laws as the example.

Again, I'll say that I'd rather have decisions made at the county level rather than the state level. At the state level rather than the national level.

Rode Hard, Put Away Wet

Edited once, last by Toad ().

• Stay out of TN… the radioactive squirrels have escaped Oakridge. Pay no attention to this tax burden distraction. The squirrels will get you!!!!

• That's a misrepresentation of total tax burden by WalletHub that did not survive peer review. Texas average tax burden really works out to 11.8% annual. It's middle of the pack, not bottom 5. The roads are better than Louisiana at least.

Also, you don't get local rule. Locals are finding that out the hard way as the state overrides them. The people in charge have such inflated egos they honestly believe they can fix school problems in the most poor part of Houston by taking it over from locals.

• So show your tax source vs the tax foundation please. Where is Kali be TX on your list?

I lived in TX for ten years and I can tell you the taxes are far, far less than KS where I now live.

Unless you’re going to show that Kali has far fewer regulations and less significant refs than TX, I’ll still prefer to get governmental refs to the lowest possible level. That’s more likely in red flyover states than coastal elite states.

• The gun laws are Constitutionally guaranteed rights. That’s indicative of how much states like Kali respect citizens rights.

Fishing laws not so much. Fishing might matter more than guns to you but you’re missing the rights aspect.

• Leaving when you did was a wise decision then. My property tax rate hasn't changed, yet my property taxes are nearly double what they were 4 years ago. What % of your total income you lose to taxes has never been higher in this state and 83 property tax reform bills vetoed and counting so far.

Total tax % goes up 2% if I go 2 miles in 1 direction over an invisible line, but I managed to shave 1% off by moving less than 2 miles in a different direction and hopping over another invisible boundary that put us into a different ISD.

• Here in backwards ass east tn. My property value just went up 150k this year because of an influx blue shithole escapees.

Fortunately the county is not able to take in one cent more for the county budget so the tax rate has to go down. That said they can hold a county wide meeting and make a pitch to up the rate. Good luck. I’m in the reddest of red tn. You won’t make it past the next county election.

• So… Californians flood area buying up inflated properties and tax liabilities go up?

That's Austin, where property values are slightly going back down. I'm for abortion, but the knock on effect of banning it seems to have put a dent in their flood. Houston is built different so it's venezulean/columbian/etc refugees moving into rapidly inflating but poor neighborhoods next to far more affluent ones on this side of town. Prices still going up here.

At least the business taxes are friendlier than most places, but it seems the local ISD is now pushing for a second football palace so I can kiss that 1% savings goodbye soon. It'll be bundled into a large school district funding bond so they can make it unavoidable to pay for.

• So show your tax source vs the tax foundation please. Where is Kali be TX on your list?

I lived in TX for ten years and I can tell you the taxes are far, far less than KS where I now live.

Unless you’re going to show that Kali has far fewer regulations and less significant refs than TX, I’ll still prefer to get governmental refs to the lowest possible level. That’s more likely in red flyover states than coastal elite states.

TX only has high real estate taxes if you live in an affluent county with a lot of multimillion dollar high school football stadiums. There is a direct link between outlandish football stadiums and high county taxes.

• City dwellers and the close suburbanites also get what they fucking deserve.

1/2 hour from a Walmart in any direction. And they are in small “ cities”. The real cities are all over an hour away.

Chose wisely.

• Here in backwards ass east tn. My property value just went up 150k this year because of an influx blue shithole escapees.

Fortunately the county is not able to take in one cent more for the county budget so the tax rate has to go down. That said they can hold a county wide meeting and make a pitch to up the rate. Good luck. I’m in the reddest of red tn. You won’t make it past the next county election.

And you yourself are a blue shithole escapee. lol

Just like Iron crying about people invading Idaho - when that turd came from Texas.

:blah